Problem with INIReadSelection... again.

NELyon

I'm working on a blog system in Autoit, so i decided INIFile would be the easiest way to go. After many attempts, i decided to take a stab at using INIReadSelection. If you've seen some of my other topics, you would have seen 99% of them in support are about array problems. Se here's one more for ya :).

I got this code:

IniWrite($sINIDir, "posts", _Post("postname"), _Post("postext"))
oÝ÷ Ùhbr¬«^®·u¼­+¡×¡z·ºÚ"µÍQÜ ÌÍÚHHHÈ ÌÍØRSTXYÌVÌBBQÜ   ÌÍØHHHÈ ÌÍØRSTXYÌWVÌBBBQXÚÊ  ÌÍØRSTXYÉÌÍÚWVÌH    [È ][ÝÉØÝÉ][ÝÊBBBQXÚÊ ÌÍØRSTXYÉÌÍØWVÉÌÍÚWH [È ][ÝÉØÝÉØÝÉ][ÝÊBBS^S^

Is the formatting in my INIReadSection thing wrong?

Please note, that $aINIRead is declared earlier in the script. It just equals INIReadSection("blogposts.ini", "posts")

I didn't include the rest of the script because i think it is a problem with my INIReadSection array format.

Why are you looping from 1 to the first key in the section? $aINIRead[1][0] is the 'key' in the following example:

[section]

key=value

What are you reading from the INI file that two loops helps you to parse? Shouldn't it just be

For $i = 1 To $aINIRead[0][0]
    Echo($aINIRead[$i][0] & "<br>")
    Echo($aINIRead[$i][1] & "<br><br>")
Next
?

I still say take some time and learn SQLite.

Ugh... that worked. Like i said, me+INIReadSection = BIG NONO

:) Thanks

Like kryptonite to Superman......I get how you are struggling with arrays. If you look in my sig, you will find a link to a paper by Uten on how to use arrays in AutoIt. Edited by Volly

Like kryptonite to Superman......I get how you are struggling with arrays. If you look in my sig, you will find a link to a paper by Uten on how to use arrays in AutoIt.

5 minutes into reading that i already learned something.

I have another question though.

Is it possible to re-order the entries in the INI files to list the newest one first and not last?

I'm working on a blog system in Autoit, so i decided INIFile would be the easiest way to go. After many attempts, i decided to take a stab at using INIReadSelection.

Now, why does this sound like a bad design decision?

5 minutes into reading that i already learned something.

Thank you. It's good to know I did not waste all of that time (including @katrijn and @JdeB's)..:)

I have another question though.

Is it possible to re-order the entries in the INI files to list the newest one first and not last?

Uhm, well now we probably know..:D

Take the sqlite advice. Or just use flat files in a directory. It will take you a few days to get up to speed with sqlite but I promise, in this case, it will be worth it. At least if you intend to distribute your solution.

Happy scripting....