VB.NET w/Autoit3X thingy.

zaduma

here is kinda what my code looks like

CODE

dim autoit As New AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3

dim s as string

public sub dostuff()

s = autoit.ControlGetText("Application", "", ID)

msgbox(s)

end sub

I of course get teh control ID from AutoIt Window Info...

The application will work perfectly if I just have opened it, but everytime I open the application there is a new Control ID for the area I want to get text out of.

So i was wondering if there is a function like "autoit.GetControlFromPixel(x,y)" and I am blind, or what?

P.S. The ClassNameNN changes as well.

Thanks in advance

Edited by zaduma

Without solving your problem for you (tempting as it is...), remember that every control is also a window. Once that is understood, a tremendous chunk of the Win32 API begins to make sense.

Here is code in regular AutoIt to get a control from a point:

; WindowFromPoint (thanks Larry!)
Func WindowFromPoint()
    Local $point, $cHwnd, $hwnd, $pos, $size
    Local $dll = dllopen("user32.dll")
    $point = MouseGetPos()
    $hwnd = DLLCall($dll, "hwnd", "WindowFromPoint", "int", $point[0], "int", $point[1])
    If $hwnd[0] <> 0 Then
        $pos = WinGetPos($hwnd[0])
        If @error Then Return 0
        $size = WinGetClientSize($hwnd[0])
        If @error Then Return 0
        $pos[0] += (($pos[2] - $size[0]) / 2)
        $pos[1] += (($pos[3] - $size[1]) - (($pos[2] - $size[0]) / 2))
        $cHwnd = DLLCall($dll,"hwnd","RealChildWindowFromPoint","hwnd",$hwnd[0], _
                    "int",$point[0] - $pos[0],"int",$point[1] - $pos[1])
        If $cHwnd[0] <> 0 Then $hwnd[0] = $cHwnd[0]
    EndIf
    DLLClose($dll)
    Return $hwnd[0]
EndFunc

In AutoItX, the MouseGetPos, WinGetPos, and WinGetClientSize functions are split up into X and Y, but you probably already noticed that. Naturally, you can accept X and Y as parameters instead of using the mouse position. The DLLCall is the tricky part, but it can be replaced with a function made with the DLLImport attribute.

PInvoke.net gives the C# signatures (easy enough to translate) for RealChildWindowFromPoint and WindowFromPoint as:

[DllImport("user32.dll")]
 static extern IntPtr RealChildWindowFromPoint(IntPtr hwndParent,
    POINT ptParentClientCoords);

static extern IntPtr WindowFromPoint(POINT Point);

You will also need this (which is already in VB.Net):

<System.Runtime.InteropServices.StructLayout(Runtime.InteropServices.LayoutKind.Sequential)> _
     Public Structure POINT
     Public X As Integer
     Public Y As Integer

Public Sub New(ByVal X As Integer, ByVal Y As Integer)
         Me.X = X
         Me.Y = Y
     End Sub
     End Structure

See MSDN for additional info on those.

Suppose that you are uncomfortable with handles for whatever reason, and wanted to get the control ID; you can feed the handle from the above function into this GetDlgCtrlID, and it will give you the exact same thing the AU3InfoTool will.

static extern int GetDlgCtrlID(IntPtr hwndCtl);

The rest should be fairly straightforward, and I think the resulting code should work on any 32-bit system after Win95. Good luck!

Edited by sohfeyr

Without solving your problem for you (tempting as it is...), remember that every control is also a window. Once that is understood, a tremendous chunk of the Win32 API begins to make sense.

Yeah to bad you didn't help, I wish you would have.

I did not come here because I wanted cryptic messages that may hide the actual code needed, I want a line or segment of code to do the function I wanted, If you can not do this then please do not respond as your input is rather uneccesary.

I needed VB.net with autoitx, nothing else.

Edited by zaduma

@jvetter: You're welcome! Glad to help.

@zaduma: You're not. I came inches within solving your programming problem. I gave you sliced bread, meat and cheese, and you complain I didn't give you a sandwich. If you need help with laziness, seek the help of a licensed therapist - or perhaps find someone to do it for you. You have all the grace and problem-solving skills of a cinderblock tumbling down a mountain, and will receive no further assistance, or replies, from me.

• 1 year later...

@zaduma: You're not. I came inches within solving your programming problem. I gave you sliced bread, meat and cheese, and you complain I didn't give you a sandwich. If you need help with laziness, seek the help of a licensed therapist - or perhaps find someone to do it for you. You have all the grace and problem-solving skills of a cinderblock tumbling down a mountain, and will receive no further assistance, or replies, from me.

Am I allowed to just post a laugh? :P