Question about exploring folders

Alright, as some of you may know I'm trying to make my own start menu. When you right click on the start button, windows has two options where you can either simply explore you start menu and further down an option where you can explore "All Users".

I was wondering how to open a folder under explore... So far I have been using "ShellExecute(folderDir)" for any folders I need opening but this command doesn't let you open a folder under "Explore".

Any ideas?

Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Well i quit dont know what you are trying to do but this might help

ShellExecute("explorer.exe", "D:")

If you mean by explorer that you need the TreeView then i dont know how to open that directly..

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

Looks like you were close. Try this

ShellExecute(@ProgramsCommonDir, '', '', 'explore')

:)

Sweet, that's what I was looking for... Do you know if there is a list of all the verbs you can use somewhere? From what I found the helpfile only contains common ones...

RE to Shevilie: Thanks but I was looking for the Tree View

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Sweet, that's what I was looking for... Do you know if there is a list of all the verbs you can use somewhere? From what I found the helpfile only contains common ones...

Look at Control Panel -> Folder Options -> File Types -> [select type] -> Advanced. The popup window will list some verbs. You can also look directly in Regedit.

This code may help as well.

$userfolder = @WindowsDir
$userfile = "notepad.exe"

$WshShell = ObjCreate("WScript.Shell")
$objShell = ObjCreate("Shell.Application")
$objFolder = $objShell.Namespace($userfolder)
$objFolderItem = $objFolder.ParseName($userfile)

$colVerbs = $objFolderItem.Verbs
For $objVerb in $colVerbs
        $WshShell.Popup($objVerb)
Next

Look at Control Panel -> Folder Options -> File Types -> [select type] -> Advanced. The popup window will list some verbs. You can also look directly in Regedit.

This code may help as well.

$userfolder = @WindowsDir

;...

Thanks, I'm sure that I'll be using this!