Is there a function that takes a screenshot in AutoIt and then could possibly save it somewhere?

sandman

I looked through the function list but I want to make sure I did not miss anything.

I am aware, though, that an alternative would be to have the script send (PrntScrn) or whatever the keycode is and then paste it and save it, but I am wondering if there is some automatic way to do it.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

• Moderators

PaulIA's AU3 library has something like this I believe.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Okay.. I am going to be honest and say that I found the AU3ScreenCap file and have no idea how it works.. sorry if this is annoying anyone which it probably is.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

I looked through the function list but I want to make sure I did not miss anything.

I am aware, though, that an alternative would be to have the script send (PrntScrn) or whatever the keycode is and then paste it and save it, but I am wondering if there is some automatic way to do it.

Or you can try to use CTRL+PRNSCR to save active win in clipboard, then use some command to take it out.

i542

I can do signature me.

Good idea.. I have an idea for something but how can I determine what coordinate my mouse is at on my screen?

Oh, wait! I designed a script using the MouseGetPos() function along with a hotkey to get the coordinates.

Here's the code:

HotKeySet("{HOME}", "MouseGetCoords")

Func MouseGetCoords()
    $pos = MouseGetPos()
    MsgBox(0, "Mouse position", $pos[0] & "," & $pos[1])
EndFunc

So, I have the basic script set up. But, when I run it nothing happens.. What am I doing wrong?

Oh, wait! I designed a script using the MouseGetPos() function along with a hotkey to get the coordinates.

Here's the code:

Func MouseGetCoords()
    $pos = MouseGetPos()
EndFunc

So, I have the basic script set up. But, when I run it nothing happens.. What am I doing wrong?

Now u are just open the program and close it. U need to get it going untill u want to close it or press home

;checks if u pressed bottum every 0.1sec
While 1
 Sleep(100)
Wend

Func MouseGetCoords()
    $pos = MouseGetPos()
EndFuncoÝ÷ ØêîØ¥êkzË!¢gºÚ"µÍÝÙ^TÙ]
    ][ÝÞÒÓQ_I][ÝË ][ÝÓ[ÝÙQÙ]ÛÛÜÉ][ÝÊBÚ[HBÛY
L
BÙ[[È[ÝÙQÙ]ÛÛÜÊ
BIÌÍÜÜÈH[ÝÙQÙ]ÜÊ
BSÙÐÞ
    ][ÝÓ[ÝÙHÜÚ][Û][ÝË  ÌÍÜÜÖÌH   [È ][ÝË  ][ÝÈ  [È ÌÍÜÜÖÌWJB^][[

Okay, that works really well. Thanks!