New user having trouble with tutorial

nfratus

I could not locate the Winzip Version 9.0 so I'm using Version 11 for the Tutorial. The tutorial actuallys has a screenshot of the exact window I'm having a problem on, and I've used the syntax as displayed in the tutorial for that window.

This is what I have so far:

run ("winzip110.exe")

WinWaitActive ("WinZip® 11.0 Setup", "&Setup")

Send ("!s")

WinWaitActive ("WinZip Setup", "Setup will install WinZip into the following folder")

Send ("c:\program files\winzip")

Send ("{TAB}")

Send ("{TAB}")

Send ("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive ("WinZip Setup - Google Tools", "You can also choose to install these optional and free")

Send ("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive ("WinZip Setup - Google Tools", "search your desktop by clicking the swirl icon in your system tray:")

Send ("!e")

WinWaitActive ("WinZip Setup", "WinZip features include")

Send ("!n")

It works up until this point then hangs at the last WinWaitActive window and doesn't follow through with clicking the Next button to continue. Please Advise.

Thank you

example wont nessecarily work anymore becuase the windows and order they come up in have changed... i see you've changed the exe name and the window name which is good but make sure the window it's trying to active and the failed step does indeed come up still on the new version of the installer

Thanks for the reply.

I used the AutoIt tool to freeze the actual screen of the install of the new version and took my title, etc., from that, which so happens, is exactly the same window title, text and buttons used in the tutorial for version 9.0. for that part of the install.

Still stumped.

Still stumped.

Try this and see if the result is better.

Run ("winzip110.exe")
_WinWaitActive ("WinZip® 11.0 Setup", "&Setup")
Send ("!s")
_WinWaitActive ("WinZip Setup", "Setup will install WinZip into the following folder")
Send (@ProgramFilesDir & "\winzip")
Send ("{TAB 2}{ENTER}")
_WinWaitActive ("WinZip Setup - Google Tools", "You can also choose to install these optional and free")
Send ("{ENTER}")
_WinWaitActive ("WinZip Setup - Google Tools", "search your desktop by clicking the swirl icon in your system tray:")
Send ("!e")
_WinWaitActive ("WinZip Setup", "WinZip features include")
Send ("!n") 

Exit

Func _WinWaitActive($title, $text = '')
    WinWait($title, $text)
    WinActivate($title, $text)
    WinWaitActive($title, $text)
EndFunc

It will now activate the window by using the user defined function if that is the issue causing the hang.

:whistle:

Try this and see if the result is better.

Run ("winzip110.exe")
_WinWaitActive ("WinZip® 11.0 Setup", "&Setup")
Send ("!s")
_WinWaitActive ("WinZip Setup", "Setup will install WinZip into the following folder")
Send (@ProgramFilesDir & "\winzip")
Send ("{TAB 2}{ENTER}")
_WinWaitActive ("WinZip Setup - Google Tools", "You can also choose to install these optional and free")
Send ("{ENTER}")
_WinWaitActive ("WinZip Setup - Google Tools", "search your desktop by clicking the swirl icon in your system tray:")
Send ("!e")
_WinWaitActive ("WinZip Setup", "WinZip features include")
Send ("!n") 

Exit

Func _WinWaitActive($title, $text = '')
    WinWait($title, $text)
    WinActivate($title, $text)
    WinWaitActive($title, $text)
EndFunc

It will now activate the window by using the user defined function if that is the issue causing the hang.

:whistle: