Text Logger

evilelf

Hello i know it sounds like i am asking for a give me but well i got 100+ post.

Some times when i get out of the Shower I miss a lot of whispers and talks.

So i am trying to make a Text in a Folder But the File would over write it each time. If i need it i will remove to a new safe spot and it will make a new file text.

This would record what ever people talk about. If its a Whisper to LFR But i just cant get the info/ out of the game. How would i do this?

if u can make the scrip for me to look at i will edit to my needs I helps me if i see the code.

Hello i know it sounds like i am asking for a give me but well i got 100+ post.

Some times when i get out of the Shower I miss a lot of whispers and talks.

So i am trying to make a Text in a Folder But the File would over write it each time. If i need it i will remove to a new safe spot and it will make a new file text.

This would record what ever people talk about. If its a Whisper to LFR But i just cant get the info/ out of the game. How would i do this?

if u can make the scrip for me to look at i will edit to my needs I helps me if i see the code.

What have you tried? Post your code please.

how are people having these "talks" that you are missing? Is it Instant messaging? You say its a game, but is it a fullscreen game? in which case you'll most likely have to look into an OCR for reading text.

Sorry i can't be of more help, but your question seemed vague.

Well you can window mode it.

I have it set to window and half my screen.

But what i am trying to do is Just log all the text people are saying.

Like look at World Of Warcraft Its like that i just need to log the text.

Edited by evilelf

Well you can window mode it.

I have it set to window and half my screen.

But what i am trying to do is Just log all the text people are saying.

Like look at World Of Warcraft Its like that i just need to log the text.

Well, That's going to pose a problem. Like I said you will probably have to look into an OCR.

OCRs (Unless really well made) are messy, and usually require specific settings to run. They are alot of work to make, and are most often slow.

I recommend seeing if there isn't a way that you can use a more fundamental approach to accessing the game. However, When I get to this point, I have no idea what I'm talking about, but you might find a way to do this by looking for "DirectX Hooks". (Don't hold me to it, like i said, I really have no Idea how to go about it myself.

• Moderators

And this means... :whistle:

i542

He's asked 100+ other times for something?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

ok what ever i give up on this Site, I will learn my self just like each little thing in my gay life. Better off learning myself then i dont have to ever talk to the Stuck up Ass holes if it gets me banned for me Speaking the Truth So BE IT!!!!

ok what ever i give up on this Site, I will learn my self just like each little thing in my gay life. Better off learning myself then i dont have to ever talk to the Stuck up Ass holes if it gets me banned for me Speaking the Truth So BE IT!!!!

who said you had to talk to stuck up ass holes?

You got an answer didn't you?

no one ever said you had to reply to a hijacked thread.

Watch Your Tounge! :whistle:

Ok dudes seems to me like your being harsh on the fellow... and buddy, please dont use langage like that, even if you are aggrovated.

anyways, i had the same problem trying to log chat (in a game) so some of this might apply to you... but its really hard knowing what your trying to accomplish without code...

have a look at some code i used, and see if you can figure it out...

$count = ControlCommand ($Quest , "" , "RichTextWndClass1","GetLineCount")
if $count > $lastcount Then
    For $i = $lastcount to $count-1
        $line = ControlCommand ($Quest , "" , "RichTextWndClass1", "GetLine",$i)
        if $line <> "" Then
            $log = $log & $line
        EndIf
    Next
    $count =ControlCommand ($Quest , "" , "RichTextWndClass1","GetLineCount")
    $line = ""
endif
$lastcount = $count
If Not WinExists($Quest) Then endscript()

If that still doesnt help, or it confuses you, this is basically what it does...

It counts the number of lines in the specific control in the game

If that number gets larger, it copies those lines, sends em to $log and resets the line count to the new number.

I used somthing like controlgettext at first, and it was easier and a whole lot faster, but it caused problems because it has a limit... this way there is no limit that i have found.

Next time... Post some code. Post more info on the progs the script is interacting with. If your on a web chat or somthing, this prolly wont work. And to Paulie... whats OCR? Im sure it all sounds baic to you geeks, but Im not a genious, so it takes me a bit longer to figure out what your all saying most of the time. Sorr i really cant help more than this. Good luck :whistle:

Edited by The_Noob

And to Paulie... whats OCR? Im sure it all sounds baic to you geeks, but Im not a genious, so it takes me a bit longer to figure out what your all saying most of the time.

OCR stands for "Optical character recognizer" or something along those lines. basically, it is retrieves text from pictures that contain text.

So say you wrote a 10 page essay, but after you printed it and didn't back it up on the computer, you find several mistakes. Obviously you don't want to re-type it. So what do you do? Well, you could scan it.but scanners only scan images, so if you use just 'any old' scanner, you will end up with just a picture of a piece of paper, which does you no good, as you can't edit the text.

Lucky for you, your scanner is equipped with an OCR, so when you scan that image, your scanner is able to recognize that there is text there, and is able to import it as a text file as opposed to a picture.

Hope that was clear enough...

Ok dudes seems to me like your being harsh on the fellow... and buddy, please dont use langage like that, even if you are aggrovated.

anyways, i had the same problem trying to log chat (in a game) so some of this might apply to you... but its really hard knowing what your trying to accomplish without code...

have a look at some code i used, and see if you can figure it out...

$count = ControlCommand ($Quest , "" , "RichTextWndClass1","GetLineCount")
if $count > $lastcount Then
    For $i = $lastcount to $count-1
        $line = ControlCommand ($Quest , "" , "RichTextWndClass1", "GetLine",$i)
        if $line <> "" Then
            $log = $log & $line
        EndIf
    Next
    $count =ControlCommand ($Quest , "" , "RichTextWndClass1","GetLineCount")
    $line = ""
endif
$lastcount = $count
If Not WinExists($Quest) Then endscript()

If that still doesnt help, or it confuses you, this is basically what it does...

It counts the number of lines in the specific control in the game

If that number gets larger, it copies those lines, sends em to $log and resets the line count to the new number.

I used somthing like controlgettext at first, and it was easier and a whole lot faster, but it caused problems because it has a limit... this way there is no limit that i have found.

Next time... Post some code. Post more info on the progs the script is interacting with. If your on a web chat or somthing, this prolly wont work. And to Paulie... whats OCR? Im sure it all sounds baic to you geeks, but Im not a genious, so it takes me a bit longer to figure out what your all saying most of the time. Sorr i really cant help more than this. Good luck :whistle:

I am looking this up myself and going to learn it .

Yes i have asked for stuff and no not 100 times But i did go back and Learn the things. So much for me posting things i have made why should i waste my time posting something people are going to say he did not make it.