Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saldous

Mouse click on a button on a web page

9 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi, I have a script that opens a webpage where there is a logon box. My script can complete the email address and password fields on the web page but when I have the script submit the form the webpage comes back to the login page, I think the website doesn't want to allow this to happen.

So to get around it I'm wanting to have my script complete the fields, but instead of submitting the form I want the mouse to go to the login button and click it. Can this be done? The problem is users will have different screen resolutions so I don't think I can give the mouse coordinates, it needs to locate the login button first and then click it, but I don't know how to do this. Any ideas? Thanks. (PS. I also tried using the Send("{ENTER}") but that had the same problem.

Edited by saldous

Well, if screen resolution is your problem:

If @DesktopHeight = XXXX AND @DesktopWidth = XXXX Then MouseClick(...)

However, I don't think that using the MouseClick command is good, perhaps try another method of obtaining your preferred results.

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

I can't think of another way :-(

I'm having a problem with the WinGetPos, I was trying to use this to locate some text on the web page, then from those co-ordinates do the mouse click, but the WinGetPos always returns the same co-ordinates, and they are not locating the text in the web page.

WinGetText? IE functions? Not sure.

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

I don't think WinGetText is right, it won't give me the co-ordinates of where that text is on the page. Thanks for trying to help though, I'll keep thinking!

Screenshot of the webpage or something?

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

Screenshot attached. I want to be able to click the "Log On" Button.

My problem seems to be related to what the help file says about the IEFormSubmit function:

For many HTML forms it is not sufficient to use _IEFormSubmit() because there is often custom Javascript tied to an onclick event for its Submit button. In these cases you'll need to simulate a click of the submit button instead of using _IEFormSubmit(). See the example for the "click" action of _IEAction().

post-20839-1172449743_thumb.jpg

Edited by saldous

I'd just use a pixel search to simulate a click on it

$login = PixelSearch(0, 0, 1000, 1000, 0x6 digit hex color, 0, 10

If Not @error then

mouseclick('left', $login[0], $login[1], 1, 0)

EndIf

Now that is one perfect solution, it works a treat. Thank you Jasio. :whistle: