.exe issue

Hey, I sent a .exe (scripted from AutoIT) to a friend and when they opened it, nothing happened. Do I need to either:

A. Make a directory called includes and put all the files I include to it or

B. The same as A but add the directory name in the #include <whatever.au3>

[center]My BlogOldSock Programs (AutoIT Apps)A Message to Hackers! (NOT SKIDDIES!)OldSock Programs is my little "company."[/center]

• Developers

Hey, I sent a .exe (scripted from AutoIT) to a friend and when they opened it, nothing happened. Do I need to either:

A. Make a directory called includes and put all the files I include to it or

B. The same as A but add the directory name in the #include <whatever.au3>

Don't understand what you mean ....

Included files are ...emmm ... included at compilation time ...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

The .exe did not run on the persons computer. Do they need AutoIT?

nope ...

The idea of compiling is to make an exe that will run independently .....

You will have to look at you script to see why it doesn't work on the other PC .. .

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Now that I am home I checked the help file and found that _FileWriteLog() is the command you will probably want to use to do this. Look it up for details.

I looked it up for a keylogger, but yea, that should work, I just don't know how to make it log. I mean, what to log.

[center]My BlogOldSock Programs (AutoIT Apps)A Message to Hackers! (NOT SKIDDIES!)OldSock Programs is my little "company."[/center]

I looked it up for a keylogger, but yea, that should work, I just don't know how to make it log. I mean, what to log.

O.K. why don't you post your script here, so we don't have to guess what you are talking about?

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

• Moderators

No, it didn't even open notepad.

Are you sure "Notepad.exe" is installed on his computer and he's not using some other editor?

If FileExists(@SystemDir & '\Notepad.exe') Then
    Run(@SystemDir & '\Notepad.exe')
    WinWait('Untitled - Notepad')
    WinActivate("Untitled - Notepad")
    Send("Hey, let's have some fun!")
Else
    MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'You do not have Notepad installed in the System Directory')
EndIf

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Are you sure "Notepad.exe" is installed on his computer and he's not using some other editor?

If FileExists(@SystemDir & '\Notepad.exe') Then
    Run(@SystemDir & '\Notepad.exe')
    WinWait('Untitled - Notepad')
    WinActivate("Untitled - Notepad")
    Send("Hey, let's have some fun!")
Else
    MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'You do not have Notepad installed in the System Directory')
EndIf
Yes, it's a she by the way, but yes. She has notepad, the file didn't even execute.

• Moderators

Yes, it's a she by the way, but yes. She has notepad, the file didn't even execute.

Ok... I'm done with the cat and mouse... you don't have the script and are not recreating the actual script, shows you don't care much... so I no longer care... hope it doesn't happen in the future.

Edit:

P.S.

It almost sounds like you installed your script in the same directory and named it the same name as you were trying to call.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.