To Kill a Script

Well, normally this a question I wouldn't take seriously, but I cant seem to close out of my script...

HotKeySet("S","start")
HotKeySet("X","kill")
SplashTextOn("Load","LOADING LIST")
$list=FileRead("list.txt")
SplashOff()
While 1
Sleep(1000)
WEnd
Func start()
Send($list)
EndFunc
Func kill()
Exit
EndFunc

I'm trying to close it in the middle of sending "list.txt", but it insists on finishing before closing, so how would I go about aborting this?

Thanks

~MethodZero

Edited by MethodZero

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

Once the command is executed it can not be stopped, try this:

HotKeySet("S","start")
HotKeySet("X","kill")

$list = FileRead("list.txt")
$ListArr = StringSplit($list, "")
SplashOff()

While 1
    Sleep(1000)
WEnd

Func start()
    For $i = 1 To $ListArr[0]
        Send($ListArr[$i])
    Next
EndFunc

Func kill()
    Exit
EndFunc

It will be slower, but this i think the only way.

Edited by MsCreatoR

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

MsCreatoR's idea is definately the first one that came to mind, but to present an alternative...

You call an external program to send it. Using something like this:

;MAIN FILE
HotKeySet("S","start")
HotKeySet("X","kill")

SplashOff()

While 1
Sleep(1000)
WEnd

Func start()
    Run("sendMyFile.exe")
EndFunc

Func kill()
    ProcessClose("sendMyFile.exe")
EndFunc
oÝ÷ Ù«­¢+Ø(í͹5奱¹á(ÀÌØí±¥ÍÐõ¥±I ÅÕ½Ðí±¥ÍйÑáÐÅÕ½Ðì¤)͹ ÀÌØí±¥ÍФ(
Edited by Creative

"Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise." - Bertrand Russell [The Philosophy of Logical Atomism]

MsCreatoR's idea is definately the first one that came to mind, but to present an alternative...

You call an external program to send it. Using something like this:

;MAIN FILE
HotKeySet("S","start")
HotKeySet("X","kill")

SplashOff()

While 1
Sleep(1000)
WEnd

Func start()
    Run("sendMyFile.exe")
EndFunc

Func kill()
    ProcessClose("sendMyFile.exe")
EndFunc
oÝ÷ Ù«­¢+Ø(í͹5奱¹á(ÀÌØí±¥ÍÐõ¥±I ÅÕ½Ðí±¥ÍйÑáÐÅÕ½Ðì¤)͹ ÀÌØí±¥ÍФ(
I believe that using 2 programs in my mind is dumb (at the exception of TCP)

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

I believe that using 2 programs in my mind is dumb (at the exception of TCP)

Yeah, I avoid it myself. Running two programs can be wasteful or messy. Personally, as I said at the beginning of the post, I'd probably do what MsCreatoR said, but I was just providing another option because each option has situations it would work well in, and situations that it would work poorly at.

"Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise." - Bertrand Russell [The Philosophy of Logical Atomism]

I would create a GUI, add a Pause button, do the For..Next statement as MsCreatoR said and add inside the statement a $msg = GUIGetMsg()

Good luck with the project,

Kurt :whistle:

Awaiting Diablo III..