Sign in to follow this  
sandin

Call DLL > Ordinal value

sandin

I hope I haven't bored you all with all theese questions, but I'm still a newbie, and I wanna learn how to program in AI.

I read this in help files:

DllCall ( "dll", "return type", "function" [, "type1", param1 [, "type n", param n]] )

so, I managed to open, call, and close DLL file, but if I want ti use an option from it, I would have to know the function name or ordinal value, right? So is there a way for me to find out what ordinal values DLL file contains, and which functions it does?

Example:

DllCall("shell32.dll", "none", 62, "hwnd", 0, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($stString), "int", DllStructGetSize($stString), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($stIcon))

...opens an icon selection window (called by shell32.dll file, function no. 62). Now, I could use this only if I knew that no. 62 calls icon selection window, but what if I didn't knew that, is there a way for me to find out what functions DLL file contains so I can use them in autoit (and I'm not talking about main winxp files, I'm talking about all dll's).

sandin

for example, I have virtual.dll file, and I know what's he capable of. But if I use:

DllCall ( "virtual.dll", "none", ###)

I wouldn't know what to put in ### spot, to make it do it's function.

so, is there a way for me to check what functions this virtual.dll file contains, something like:

52 = minimize window

53 = select all

54 = choose a directory

etc...

(theese are all just examples)

heh... it's hard to explain :whistle:

SmOke_N

for example, I have virtual.dll file, and I know what's he capable of. But if I use:

DllCall ( "virtual.dll", "none", ###)

I wouldn't know what to put in ### spot, to make it do it's function.

so, is there a way for me to check what functions this virtual.dll file contains, something like:

52 = minimize window

53 = select all

54 = choose a directory

etc...

(theese are all just examples)

heh... it's hard to explain :whistle:

Ask the developer of the DLL to provide you with the parameters... otherwise, if there's more than just the function call parameter, you're pretty much SOL.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

sandin