IE Browser DOM

How might I obtain a target URL before navigating to it. I have tried using the BeforeNavigate and although I'm catching the event I'm unclear on where the target URL is stored.

Thanks in advance, Cloop.

This help?

$oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection ($oIE)
ConsoleWrite("Number of links found: " & @extended & @CR)
$i = 0
For $oLink in $oLinks
    ConsoleWrite($i & ": " & $oLink.href & ", Target: " & $oLink.target & @CR)
    $i += 1
Next

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

This help?

$oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection ($oIE)
ConsoleWrite("Number of links found: " & @extended & @CR)
$i = 0
For $oLink in $oLinks
    ConsoleWrite($i & ": " & $oLink.href & ", Target: " & $oLink.target & @CR)
    $i += 1
Next

Dale

I should have been clearer - I was thinking more of a click from favourite/bookmark or text typed into the address bar. Surely the URL would be stored somewhere allowing it to be intercepted prior to page-loading.

Thanks for the information so far, though. Cloop

You could use the BeforeNavigate2 () event in IE to tell when you start moving away from a page then check the IE address bar for the offending urls that you dont want. Below is some code that should start you on your way

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....renavigate2.asp

$oDWEvents = ObjEvent ($oIE, "DWEvent_", "DWebBrowserEvents2")

Func DWEvent_BeforeNavigate2()
$url = _IEPropertyGet ($oIE, "locationurl")
EndFunc

Firefox's secret is the same as Jessica Simpson's: its effortless, glamorous style is the result of — shhh — extensions!

You could use the BeforeNavigate2 () event in IE to tell when you start moving away from a page then check the IE address bar for the offending urls that you dont want. Below is some code that should start you on your way

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....renavigate2.asp

$oDWEvents = ObjEvent ($oIE, "DWEvent_", "DWebBrowserEvents2")

Func DWEvent_BeforeNavigate2()
$url = _IEPropertyGet ($oIE, "locationurl")
EndFunc

The code above this post is the code I've been using - it doesn' t work and grabbing the address from the bar only works if there is an address- bar to grab from.

Again, thanks for the hep so far. Cloop

In _BeforeNavigate2 the second param is 'ByRef Url As Variant' which would be much or reliable than getting from the address bar :-D

Private Sub object_BeforeNavigate2( _

ByVal pDisp As Object, _

ByRef Url As Variant, _

ByRef Flags As Variant, _

ByRef TargetFrameName As Variant, _

ByRef PostData As Variant, _

ByRef Headers As Variant, _

ByRef Cancel As Boolean)

Firefox's secret is the same as Jessica Simpson's: its effortless, glamorous style is the result of — shhh — extensions!

Your idea is sound, but the com event processing in AutoIt is handled asynchronously and will not give you the opportunity to affect their outcome in most cases. Please see a discussion of it here.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I take then, that this means there is no way to grab the target URL using the DOM.

Cheers anyway. Cloop

You can, but you can't cancel a navigation because because of the asynchronous nature of the event processing. You can still get the URL as one of the parameters sent to onBeforeNavigate2 as Hasher points out.

If you want to be able to examine and cancel navigation events you'll need to inject client-side javascript -- it really isn't hard to do with _IEDocInsert*

Dale

You can, but you can't cancel a navigation because because of the asynchronous nature of the event processing. You can still get the URL as one of the parameters sent to onBeforeNavigate2 as Hasher points out.

If you want to be able to examine and cancel navigation events you'll need to inject client-side javascript -- it really isn't hard to do with _IEDocInsert*

Dale

Thanks all, for your time and interest.

Regards, Cloop