Problems with a GUI not appearing.

I have a compiled script that some of my users are having problems with. The GUI isn't showing up when the program is executed, but the script icon shows up in the system tray. (It's working right on most computers, so it's not a script error.) Only like one out of 20 people have had this problem.

So my question is, does anyone know why my GUI wouldn't be showing up on some people's computers?

The only thing that is performed before the GUI is activated is the installation of a font file, and a deletion of a file I use for updating purposes.

If FileExists (@ScriptDir & "\UpdateSwap.exe") Then
        FileDelete (@ScriptDir & "\UpdateSwap.exe")
EndIf
If Not FileExists("C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\matisse_.tff") Then
    FileInstall ("C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\matisse_.ttf", "C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\matisse_.ttf", 0)
    Run('explorer ' & @WindowsDir & '\Fonts', '', @SW_HIDE)
    WinWait('Fonts')
    WinClose('Fonts')
    Sleep (1000)
EndIf

I'm assuming that there is either a problem somewhere in there that effects only a certain few users, or there is something that is blocking the GUI from showing up for those users.

I wondered if someone not having access to the Windows\Fonts directory might cause a hangup, but after testing, that doesn't keep the GUI from showing up, it just keeps the fonts from being installed and loaded.

Anyone have any input?

Try to use:

Opt('TrayIconDebug',1)oÝ÷ ÚÚ(nÇ«½ì!z·¢³*.®Ç+ajx"-)älº·©®åziÉ·­+ºÚ"µÍ[ ÌÎNÙ^Ü  ÌÎNÈ [ÈÚ[ÝÜÑ    [È ÌÎNÉÌLÑÛÉÌÎNË ÌÎNÉÌÎNËÕ×ÒQJBÚ[ØZ]
    ÌÎNÑÛÉÌÎNÊ

Due to @SW_HIDE maybe WinWait() will wait indefinitelly. Try it if I'm right ...

The program only runs that if the matisse_.ttf file doesn't exist. The person who's having the problem says that they checked c:\windows\fonts and the file is there. So, it should bypass that completely and open the GUI. :shocked:

I forgot to mention that this is on Windows XP, Service Pack 2. (same as I'm using with no problems).