service script

i have not tried runasset yet as i am heading out to go to work... but after reading the posts in my search there was no fix yet so... :shocked:

How did you come to the conclusion that RunAsSet() is broken.

.. and if you conclude that, why not report your "real" problem in stead of trying to make a Mickey-mouse solution?

Now, don't go run of and post a Bug-report, but post the "real" problem you have here....

....Or at least add a link to the topic claiming RunAsSet is broken.

somebody posted this very recently, and i did not have time to verfy it as i was in a hurry...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=323459

as i was heading out to work, i did not have much time. i hastily read the thread that is linked in that post and did not notice the date.

i did not get a chance to try the actuual function before i posted and i wanted to post before i went to work in hopes that i would come back and might not have to wait for a solution.

i was mislead because the first thread had a recent date and was describing that runasset was broken, and in neither of the threads nobody verified that it had been fixed or that the person was looking at a 3 year old thread... i just glanced at the second thread that was linked and simply overlooked the date.

sorry.

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

• Developers

RunAsSet("SYSTEM",@ComputerName,"")

while 1
    sleep(100)
    WEnd

eh, this runs as my username still.

What program are you running with the RunAsSet credentials ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

my bumps are a few days in between so i hope this is an allowed time for bumping.

according to the help file im doing everything correctly.

can someone provide an explanation or some reasons why this is not working?

thanks.

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.