_IEAction Print

I want to print am Embedded webpage without the header/footer information (date, page number, url, etc...) Was not able to find anything using the forum search so I went to Google to see if I could find a VB example that could be adapted over. So far the only thing I have found involves changing the registry. I was hoping for a better solution than changing the registry to print this page and then changing it back.

To print the page I am using execWB but per an article I found on Microsoft's site execWB can not change the uses settings for the page setup.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

Your suggestion prints the page just as using execWB but the header and footing information that IE adds to the page is still there. At the top is the title and the Page 1 of 1 and the bottom is the URL location and the date. It is this information I want not to print. IF I open IE and goto the page setup I can of course tell it not to print this by clearing the header and footer elements but that changes it all printing in IE which I don't want. Not to mention that any workstation this i s ran on would have to perform this manual change.

I do agree that the _IEAction is easier for printing the page.

Ultimately I will need to change the page setup for just this application an not for all IE printing. There are also changes I need to make to the margins but I thought one problem at a time. :shocked:

Wow this must be a more difficult problem than I thought.

Please keep in mind I am not looking for someone to write the code, whats the fun in that, just a push in the right direction other than messing in the registry which I see as an absolute last resort.

Thanks,

Personally, I'd use _IEAction to bring up the print dialog and then use WinActivate and Send (or ControlSend) to manipulate the print dialog and submit it.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble