Sign in to follow this  
GWmellon

Exit code: -1073741819

GWmellon

I am working with a for next loop that is bombing out rather impressively. Is the above exit code meanful or is it a "damned if I know" sort of catch all.

PsaltyDS

I am working with a for next loop that is bombing out rather impressively. Is the above exit code meanful or is it a "damned if I know" sort of catch all.

When you compile and run from SciTE, do you get any errors at all?

What is the For/Next loop doing when it bombs, and how do you know which part of the script is failing?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

CoderDunn

If you want help, make sure you supply as much information you can. Your script prehaps? Maybe tell what you did exactly so we can reproduce the error?

GWmellon

I know it is bombing in the for next loop because of the terrific number of msgboxes around it. Once through the loop and then the script dies with an invitation inform Microsoft about the problem.

I am just curious about the exit code and if it is telling me something meanful. This is my third autoit program so I want to attempt to solve the problem myself before posting code and asking for help. However, thanks for the offers.

Edited by GWmellon

Jos

I know it is bombing in the for next loop because of the terrific number of msgboxes around it. Once through the loop and then the script dies with an invitation inform Microsoft about the problem.

I am just curious about the exit code and if it is telling me something meanful. This is my third autoit program so I want to attempt to solve the problem myself before posting code and asking for help. However, thanks for the offers.

The exit code means you had a Hardcrash which shouldn't happen.

Are you using any DllCall() statements ?

If its really a hardcrash then share a snippet that is causing this crash so we can investigate .

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

GWmellon

The exit code means you had a Hardcrash which shouldn't happen.

Are you using any DllCall() statements ?

If its really a hardcrash then share a snippet that is causing this crash so we can investigate .

The code is currently ugly, the result of attempting to figure out what is going on. Don't use any DllCall() statements

Func Html_page ()
    ;create the chart list html File

for $charts= 1 to 33
        MsgBox(4096, "Value of charts", $charts); This will be 1 first time through, Does not reappear
        MsgBox(4096, "Test", "top of for"); just marks the top of the for next loop
        $totalcharts= 1 + $totalcharts
        MsgBox(4096, "$totalcharts", $totalcharts); reports the total number of charts, returns 1
        $chartnumber = FileReadLine($Vessellist) ; reads from the file
        MsgBox(4096, "$Vessellist", $Vessellist) ; reports what $vessellist returned, Comes up as 1 (assuming this means success
         If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop Then ; currently just a trap used earilier to see if the file was around.  It has never been tripped
             $theend="Yes"
        EndIf

$Cleanchartnumber = StringTrimRight($chartnumber, 4);Trims of .cdf 16006.cdf
        MsgBox(4096, "Test", $Cleanchartnumber); Reports chart Number
        FileWriteLine($chartlistfile,$Cleanchartnumber & "<BR>"); writes it to a file
        MsgBox(4096, "Value of charts", $charts) ; Reports the value of charts again, making certain that the script didn't die above.  It does not
    Next

EndFunc

Do
    Html_page (); calls function
    FileWriteLine($chartlistfile,"</h4></font></td><td><h4> <FONT FACE=" & Chr(34) &"Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif"&  Chr(34) & ">"); when function returns, write this to the open file

until $theend="Yes" ; ends the loop (will be changed once I figure out what is up.)

$Vessellist = FileOpen("\\Key-programmer\rootc\Chart List (ADVANTAGE).txt", 0); Opens Chart List (ADVANTAGE).txt.

;This is a text file with list of chart numbers purchased by the vessel.  Its format is xxxxx.cdf newline xxxx.cdf etc
;It is coming from a network share, currently the entire c:\ drive is shared and everyone can do everything. 
;I wanted to make certain nothing flaky was causing a problem.
;I have tried other files and renamed one to "Charttest.txt"

I have moved the file to a number of different locations. At the moment it is in the root but I have had it on other

locations and different machines. Same result. I have not tried it on the machine with autoit. Will later today

Edited by GWmellon

Jos

The code is currently ugly, the result of attempting to figure out what is going on.

Func Html_page ()
    ;create the chart list html File

for $charts= 1 to 33
        MsgBox(4096, "Value of charts", $charts); This will be 1 first time through, Does not reappear
        MsgBox(4096, "Test", "top of for"); just marks the top of the for next loop
        $totalcharts= 1 + $totalcharts
        MsgBox(4096, "$totalcharts", $totalcharts); reports the total number of charts, returns 1
        $chartnumber = FileReadLine($Vessellist) ; reads from the file
        MsgBox(4096, "$Vessellist", $Vessellist) ; reports what $vessellist returned, Comes up as 1 (assuming this means success
         If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop Then ; currently just a trap used earilier to see if the file was around.  It has never been tripped
             $theend="Yes"
        EndIf

$Cleanchartnumber = StringTrimRight($chartnumber, 4);Trims of .cdf 16006.cdf
        MsgBox(4096, "Test", $Cleanchartnumber); Reports chart Number
        FileWriteLine($chartlistfile,$Cleanchartnumber & "<BR>"); writes it to a file
        MsgBox(4096, "Value of charts", $charts) ; Reports the value of charts again, making certain that the script didn't die above.  It does not
    Next

EndFunc
Do
    Html_page (); calls function
    FileWriteLine($chartlistfile,"</h4></font></td><td><h4> <FONT FACE=" & Chr(34) &"Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif"&  Chr(34) & ">"); when function returns, write this to the open file

until $theend="Yes" ; ends the loop (will be changed once I figure out what is up.)

$Vessellist = FileOpen("\\Key-programmer\rootc\Chart List (ADVANTAGE).txt", 0); Opens Chart List (ADVANTAGE).txt.

;This is a text file with list of chart numbers purchased by the vessel.  Its format is xxxxx.cdf newline xxxx.cdf etc
;It is coming from a network share, currently the entire c:\ drive is shared and everyone can do everything. 
;I wanted to make certain nothing flaky was causing a problem.
;I have tried other files and renamed one to "Charttest.txt"

I have moved the file to a number of different locations. At the moment it is in the root but I have had it on other

locations and different machines. Same result. I have not tried it on the machine with autoit. Will later today

Cannot run this script since it is missing the Variable definitions line $chartlistfile and it has Syntax errors like this one:

If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop Then

Do you have an example I can run to replicate the error ?

Edited by JdeB

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

GWmellon

Just figured out the problem

If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop Then; < Note the two Thens
     $theend="Yes"
EndIf

should be..

If @error = -1 Then 
    $theend="Yes"
    ExitLoop 
EndIf

I am surprised I just don't get a syntax error.

--->edit

Thanks JdeB. removing that extra THAN solved the problem.

Edited by GWmellon

Jos

Just figured out the problem

If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop Then; < Note the two Thens
     $theend="Yes"
EndIf

should be..

If @error = -1 Then 
    $theend="Yes"
    ExitLoop 
EndIf

I am surprised I just don't get a syntax error.

This means you are not using AU3Check because that is detecting and reporting this error . :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

GWmellon

Sinner on the AU3Check count. Didn't know it it was around (note that I have only used autoit for a couple of weeks).

Help --> About SciTE4AutoIt3

Version 1.71

That was why I was surprised I didn't get a syntax error.

PsaltyDS

Version 1.71

My current SciTE is 1.73, and now that AutoIt 3.2.4 is the new Production version, a newer SciTE4AutoIt will be out very soon.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Jos

Sinner on the AU3Check count. Didn't know it it was around (note that I have only used autoit for a couple of weeks).

Version 1.71

That was why I was surprised I didn't get a syntax error.

We deliver a "lite" SciTE version that I made with the AutoIt3 installer. That doesn't do all extra stuff.

To get all the godies you need to download the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer from the SciTE4AutoIt3 websire... see link in my sig...

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.