ERROR about f statement

The ini file:

[General]
sound=JA
icon=JA
msg=Msgbox
showmsg=7

When you start the program it starts playing the sound and it exits the program before its even finished.

If its "JA" then it has to play when a new message arrives, not when starting the program.

Edited by PcExpert

$read1 = IniRead("settings.ini", "General", "sound", "")
If $read1 = "JA" Then
    $playsound = SoundPlay(@WindowsDir & "\media\notify.wav",0) 
oÝ÷ Ù8b±Ê{¥Æ®±ëaxú趦Ú)¬­ë(ºwZÛ·Mú¦V²²§vÚ-êÞ¶ê罩nzÒ¢éÝ>V²ü¨»§¶Ú,zÛazö¥¹êÓ~©¬¬¢éݶ¨ºwO¬whÂÀâ­©©ªê-ÓݦyØÓݧ¢Ø˯ªê-Ó*.«Þ¶®¢×¢µ«­¢+Ø(ÀÌØíÁ±åͽչôÅÕ½ÐíM½Õ¹A±ä¡]¥¹½ÝͥȵÀìÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈíµ¥ÀäÈí¹½Ñ¥ä¹ÝØÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°À¤ÅÕ½Ðì(

• Developers

Aah, thanks. Now it doesn't play the sound anymore at startup. BUT is still exits emediately after running, so you can hear the first tone and then it quits. Can that be solved?

It normally helps, when you are programming, that you understand what you are doing and not CUt&Paste a bunch of script lines together without have a clou what it is doing and then start asking for assistance.

What about starting now with understanding your own script before asking questions like this ?

I realize the above will come accross as being bold and hard on you but you will have to learn this sometime and you have been around for some time now.

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I think JdeB ist right, after all, YOU are writing a code and not me, but to give you a hint, try to step your code through in mind, decide for yourself at every if-clause etc, and at last you will find something thats is wrong... and now im' going for lunch^^

good luck