Sign in to follow this  
Devin

AutoUpdateIt Bug

Devin

So, when you run AutoUpdateIt, you may get output like this:

>"F:\AutoIt3\SciTe\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "F:\AutoIt3\Extras\AutoUpdateIt\AutoUpdateIt.au3"    
F:\AutoIt3\Extras\AutoUpdateIt\AutoUpdateIt.au3 (144) : ==> Variable used without being declared.: 
GUICtrlCreateLabel('Date: ' & $s_CurrDate, 15, 40, 145, 15) 
GUICtrlCreateLabel('Date: ' & ^ ERROR
>Exit code: 1    Time: 1.177oÝ÷ ØÚ0¶¬¬£ºË[zæÊÈy»­ë-w±è^­íý²0¶âÆ+-¢§DÎ!3ÀL}=ØLm­«4÷`.)^"Ý=Ø­¡J]j×·­'"LJ+jȦV«¦º ­©«zZr)àDÎ!3Ó­*.®­ÚºÚ·qbÖ®¶­sdvÆö&Â6öç7Bb33c·5ôS5W&VrÒb33´´5Rb3#µ6ögGv&Rb3#´WFôBc2b3#´WFõWFFTBb33oÝ÷ Ø]méhÁ«­¢+Ù±½°ÀÌØíÍ}
ÕÉÉÑô5=8µÀìÅÕ½Ðì¼ÅÕ½ÐìµÀì5dµÀìÅÕ½Ðì¼ÅÕ½ÐìµÀìeH

Save the file, and run it. Taa-daa!

PsaltyDS

Hmm... What version are running? I have v. 1.37 dated 08 May, 2007 and it has:

If Not @error And FileExists($s_Au3Path & '\AutoIt3.exe') Then
    $s_CurrVer = FileGetVersion($s_Au3Path & "\AutoIt3.exe")
    $s_CurrDate = _FriendlyDate(FileGetTime($s_Au3Path & "\AutoIt3.exe", 0, 1))
Else
    $s_Au3Path = 'Installation not found'
    $s_CurrVer = 'Unavailable'
EndIf

Looks like if it falls through the Else part of that IF, you could get that problem.

If there isn't already a later version posted, you should put this in bug reports, not general support.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Devin

Strange... I'm using v. 1.37 too, but it's probably because I'm running AutoIt (zipped) from my flash drive :)

PsaltyDS

Strange... I'm using v. 1.37 too, but it's probably because I'm running AutoIt (zipped) from my flash drive :)

Yeah, since it doesn't satisfy the FileExists() part of the IF, it falls through the Else and $s_CurrDate doesn't get initialized. The line that initializes $s_CurrDate should just be moved outside the IF, so it gets done either way.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law