Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adnoh

how can I catch a exception !?

3 posts in this topic

hy guys,

just wanne to ask how I catch a exeption in autoit. a kind of "try .... exception .... finally" block.

I have a application wich copys the local outlook pst stuff over to a imap server - it goes throug every folder and copies it.

it works most of the time - but sometime there is an exception (some com-related stuff - i think it has to do with the folder name it tries to copy)

and the hole script aborts. so i have to search where it has abortet and copy over the rest by hand - this sucks.

is there a way to cat such errors and make shure my script doesn't abort !?

Thanks

hy guys,

just wanne to ask how I catch a exeption in autoit. a kind of "try .... exception .... finally" block.

I have a application wich copys the local outlook pst stuff over to a imap server - it goes throug every folder and copies it.

it works most of the time - but sometime there is an exception (some com-related stuff - i think it has to do with the folder name it tries to copy)

and the hole script aborts. so i have to search where it has abortet and copy over the rest by hand - this sucks.

is there a way to cat such errors and make shure my script doesn't abort !?

Thanks

Did you define a Com Error Handler ?

Look here for it or in the helpfile : http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/intro/ComRef.htm

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)