Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Qualitybit

[solved] RegExp hate me :(

13 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I have a string containing a long text. Within the text are scattered informations within several pairs of parantheses '()'. So I need only this one pair of parantheses, which NOT contains numbers or a '*'.

In short: I want the parantheses only containing letters and NOT the other parantheses containing letters, numbers or a '*'.

RegExp starts to hate me at the very early beginning, where I try at a first step to extract the whole pairs of parantheses...

EDIT - example:

1. design #1365 (72$) (*)

2. design #2437 (59$) (in stock)

3. design #3424 (29$) (*)

(* means not available at the moment)

for in ...

IF stringregexp ($row[$i], "magic regexp proof if "()" with only letters in it exist", 0) THEN

$avail[$ii] = $row[$i]

next

101011 :whistle:

Edited by Qualitybit

[font="Courier New"][center]Me vs. 127.0.0.1 =>> 0:2But I never give up! >:-][/center][/font]

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

I have a string containing a long text. Within the text are scattered informations within several pairs of parantheses '()'. So I need only this one pair of parantheses, which NOT contains numbers or a '*'.

In short: I want the parantheses only containing letters and NOT the other parantheses containing letters, numbers or a '*'.

RegExp starts to hate me at the very early beginning, where I try at a first step to extract the whole pairs of parantheses...

101011 :whistle:

An example string, the code you've attempted, and the output you desire (written) would make more sense then what you have.

Edit:

This is how I'm understanding your question:

#include <array.au3>
$sString = '(((abcd)))'
$aArray = StringRegExp($sString, '(?s)(?i)\(+(.*?)\)', 3)
_ArrayDisplay($aArray)
Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

An example string, the code you've attempted, and the output you desire (written) would make more sense then what you have.

Edit:

This is how I'm understanding your question:

#include <array.au3>
$sString = '(((abcd)))'
$aArray = StringRegExp($sString, '(?s)(?i)\(+(.*?)\)', 3)
_ArrayDisplay($aArray)
I suggest this one ;-))

#include <array.au3>

$text = "Hi, I don't know how to (post) a proper (problem) description, thus (345) people have to guess what I'm talking about (f***)"
$regexp = "(\([^\*\d]*?\))"

$result = StringRegExp($text,$regexp,3)

_ArrayDisplay($result)

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

I suggest this one ;-))

#include <array.au3>

$text = "Hi, I don't know how to (post) a proper (problem) description, thus (345) people have to guess what I'm talking about (f***)"
$regexp = "(\([^\*\d]*?\))"

$result = StringRegExp($text,$regexp,3)

_ArrayDisplay($result)

Cheers

Kurt

Wouldn't it just be:
$regexp = '(?s)\(\w+\)'
?

Edit:

NVM, didn't notice that the area could have a "space" , I only read he wanted the areas with only regular characters.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Wouldn't it just be:

$regexp = '(?s)\(\w+\)'
?
Problem solved!

THX to all contriputors!

101011 ...a few years aged

[font="Courier New"][center]Me vs. 127.0.0.1 =>> 0:2But I never give up! >:-][/center][/font]

Problem solved!

THX to all contriputors!

101011 ...a few years aged

I think this is more what you want if you want spaces as well.
$regexp = '(?s)\((\w+\s*)+\)'

Wouldn't it just be:

$regexp = '(?s)\(\w+\)'
?

Edit:

NVM, didn't notice that the area could have a "space" , I only read he wanted the areas with only regular characters.

what happens if the text contains some special characters, like !,;./: etc? Like this: "N/A"

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

what happens if the text contains some special characters, like !,;./: etc? Like this: "N/A"

SOL? :whistle:

SOL? :whistle:

SOL?

Hi,

\([^\*\$0-9]*\)

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

#11 ·  Posted (edited)

SOL?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sol

Edit:

Hi,

\([^\*\$0-9]*\)

So long,

Mega

That looks right mega... I'd do the (?s) though...
$regexp = '(?s)\([^\*\$\d]*\)'
Edited by SmOke_N

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sol

Edit:

That looks right mega... I'd do the (?s) though...

$regexp = '(?s)\([^\*\$\d]*\)'
HI,

matching newline. Maybe it can be useful. So what ... :whistle::lmao:

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times