SearchMiner ; modified Search Engine

randallc

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Please test new version SearchminerA4, if you get a chance..

Default settings show recent files, very fast now; or search all files if needed

; more icons too!

Best, Randall

Edited by randallc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Newer GUI version today E2 in 1st post; how would you approach improving GUI further?

Best, Randall

[note; search super fast if default "recent" settings used, but options to sort rapidly with icons on any column in large LV as well]

Hi,

Update; [most recent tonight.. Aug 27th07]

1. GUI coloured!- ha ha.. oh well. -not like Koshy, but no longer grey...

2. Search options for faster/ slower, depending how far back/ thorough you need to be.

3. Emulates the "type as you go", in LV.

4. LV improved for more icons which are not being retrieved automatically, so a bit more colour!

5. Option to check same directories as search finds for any new matches since last index [not much slower!]; so need for automatic and repeated indexing is less. *** ("Current Search")

6. Sorting of items still there.

7. Most recent items are shown first in both immediate and full search view.

8. Maximize only if you want..

9. Options for Search terms more; 1. start or part of search term/ 2. checkboxes for extensions/ vs any ending 3. option for Pipe-driven multiple search terms or extensions with wildcards etc

Best, Randall

Hi,

Update; [most recent tonight.. Aug 27th07]

1. GUI coloured!- ha ha.. oh well. -not like Koshy, but no longer grey...

2. Search options for faster/ slower, depending how far back/ thorough you need to be.

3. Emulates the "type as you go", in LV.

4. LV improved for more icons which are not being retrieved automatically, so a bit more colour!

5. Option to check same directories as search finds for any new matches since last index [not much slower!]; so need for automatic and repeated indexing is less. *** ("Current Search")

6. Sorting of items still there.

7. Most recent items are shown first in both immediate and full search view.

8. Maximize only if you want..

9. Options for Search terms more; 1. start or part of search term/ 2. checkboxes for extensions/ vs any ending 3. option for Pipe-driven multiple search terms or extensions with wildcards etc

Best, Randall

For some reason, the GUI doesn't render properly for me (I just ran the compiled executable you put up)...

Posted Image

I can't imagine what's causing this problem... the text is extremely small too as you can see from the image...

I get the feeling that you attempted to use au3lib's png feature to create the GUI....

I can't possibly test the program from this kind of a GUI with so many overlapping controls...

(I'll be removing the screenshot from my file host in a week or so...)

Edited by Koshy John

For some reason, the GUI doesn't render properly for me (I just ran the compiled executable you put up)..

I can't imagine what's causing this problem... the text is extremely small too as you can see from the image...

I get the feeling that you attempted to use au3lib's png feature to create the GUI....

I can't possibly test the program from this kind of a GUI with so many overlapping controls...

(I'll be removing the screenshot from my file host in a week or so...)

Sorry, forgot to fix it; just run again and your ini should be OK... I think making the ini and not reading it first time..

I'll fix it later,

Best, Randall

Posted Image

PS - I have uploaded again as there may have been an upload problem or compile problem; was wrong size?

Edited by randallc

Woops, it really wasn't working as a new install. I thought the problem was for those already with an index....

Oh well.. i think OK now.. source posted. Let me know...

Best, randall

I'll test your program first thing in the morning (its late where i'm right now)... I'll be going away for 2 days on a little trip so feedback maybe slow in the coming...

Btw, I just realised I was writing neoSearch's index using ANSI mode (default one). This could be what prevented your 'special' filenames from being indexed correctly... Do you think so? Do you write the index in unicode mode in your program? (I know ur source is available, I'm just too lazy to download and sift thru it... :))

Hi,

1, I added "slider2.au3" to zip; sorry.

2. I am not sure how "writing with ansi" works; if you just mean you "compiled with ansi", then that does not matter (I compile with ansi all the time for regexp speed); but "writing the index with ansi", I am not sure what you mean.

My understanding has always been (previously) that the DOS directory command using ">" to a file (or output?) is the problem, as it does not accomodate ansi chars over 128 or similar..

Best, randall

yep sure i can ... send me the files please...

Hi,

I can send if you need; but I meant in first post on this thread... is that OK? [or opens from signature link]

Best, randall, Thanks for looking...

Hi,

Thanks to both replies!

Initial index was problem, now is working for me on clean install... v H2b

Any more tries? [see first post or link]

Thanks again, Randall

:) Its still not working for me... The index is created all right... Like the last time...

But when I search for something, the following thing happens (it appears for a fraction of a second; had to attempt taking screenshots many many times before I could capture it):

Posted Image

And the following message is shown immediately after that:

Warning 1 ***: You need to create an index for all drives, or a selected drive... ... or you will have no index to search.