Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
magician13134

Differing transparency?

5 posts in this topic

I've been away for awhile, but I'm still the same n00b I was then, and I've got a question.... is there anyway in Autoit to create differing transparency values for a single GUI? To perhaps produce a fading effect? Or a Vista-like effect? Or perhaps control transparency of a single control? Thanks.

Quick and dirty fading effect:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("My Fading GUI")

GUISetState ()

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then
        FadeOut()
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Wend

Func FadeOut()
    For $i = 255 To 0 Step -1
        WinSetTrans ( "My Fading GUI", "", $i )
    Next
EndFunc

Just be sure to use the initial WinSetTrans of zero so you don't have a flicker at the start of the fadein.

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

Oh, no, that's not what I meant by fading. Sorry, I should've been more specific. I mean like the google desktop sidebar. Where the right side is totally opaque and it fades to the left to totally transparent. Sorry about that

Ah, then you'll wanna take a look at this post.

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

Oh... my... gosh! Thanks insanely amazing! Wow, I leave for a month and so many great things happen! I should leave more often. Thanks!