General Issue

hey there!

any chance to get some more advice? seems like you're the right address for those questions...

I didn't quite understand the scripting.dictionary you've sent me. A bit more details, please?

Maybe 2D arrays? if yes - how to implement?

Maybe you can help me solve my problem. Seems like there is plenty of expirience around here...

I need to control this program with a lot of controls inside. I'd like to build a few functions that perform part of the job and the rest - will be in the "main" part. I'm quite a beginner, and trying to learn on the job...

Func ChangeParam($item, $param)

ControlClick ("FaceGen Modeller","","[CLASS:Edit;INSTANCE:& $item &]","left",2,25,10) ;click the window

Sleep(1200)

ControlSend("FaceGen Modeller","","[CLASS:Edit;INSTANCE:& $item &]","& $param &") ;Enter

Send("{ENTER}")

EndFunc

that's one of the functions. among others - this one doesn't work as well. :-)

Final result - need to have a code that recieves some sort of a database file (maybe .INI) and run the functions (the arguments in the functions will be the database). That's, mostly, it. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Some more details, as I've been asked:

The program I'm trying to control is FaceGen Modeller. One window with rare pop-up windows. Mostly one winow with plenty tabs. In every tab many trackbars.

The input - a database file that I want to convert into some sort of variables to use inside AutoIT functions.

Thanks again... and please help...

ControlClick ("FaceGen Modeller","","[CLASS:Edit;INSTANCE:& $item &]","left",2,25,10) ;click the window

Sleep(1200)

ControlSend("FaceGen Modeller","","[CLASS:Edit;INSTANCE:& $item &]","& $param &") ;Enter

Send("{ENTER}")

EndFunc

that's one of the functions. among others - this one doesn't work as well. :-)

You dropped some double-quote marks:

ControlClick ("FaceGen Modeller","","[CLASS:Edit;INSTANCE:" & $item & "]","left",2,25,10) 
     Sleep(1200)
     ControlSend("FaceGen Modeller","","[CLASS:Edit;INSTANCE:" & $item & "]", $param) 
     Send("{ENTER}")
EndFunc

Get that working, then go to the next issue.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

"FileReadToArray" function. How to implement? the help file on that topic isn't very clear.

Post a reproducer script (short, to the point, only to show the unexpected behavior).

You had mentioned INI files and 2D arrays earlier, that would be from IniReadSection() vice _FileReadToArray(). But post a demo of whichever you are thinking and a describe how results differ from what you expected.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

One more question -

How can I check whether the box is "ticked"?

I know the Id of the control - but need to know if the box is checked - and have no idea ho to.

thanks!

Read the help file on ControlCommand($WinTitle, $WinText, $CtrlID, "IsChecked").