Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JustinReno

How to get Parenthesis to work good

10 posts in this topic

I'm trying to write a line in a file

CODE

Filewriteline("C:\Blah.au3", "$WIndow = GUICreate("""", @DesktopWidth + 200, @DesktopHeight + 200, -1, -1)""")

If you try the code, theres an extra Parenthesis at the end! Does anyone know how to fix? Ive tried to put more/less parenthesis but its not working. Any kind of help is welcome, thx.

Eh...?

Filewriteline("C:\Blah.au3", '$WIndow = GUICreate("""", @DesktopWidth + 200, @DesktopHeight + 200, -1, -1)')

i'm writing a code to press a button it will write gui info in a au3 file and compile it. Its confusing, can anyone help?

i'm writing a code to press a button it will write gui info in a au3 file and compile it. Its confusing, can anyone help?

I thought you were writing them in as a string, more code or info needed to be helped...

Well, i'm writing a code that will create another script... The code has a gui, a button, and if you click that button it will write:

Filewriteline("C:\Blah.au3", "$WIndow = GUICreate("""", @DesktopWidth + 200, @DesktopHeight + 200, -1, -1)""")

In an au3 file, BUT: The Quotations in GUICreate( THESE """"" AND THE END """)

Cause an error in the newley created Script, it leaves another Quotation and the end of the last ) in the script, which gives an error. The last part of the script looked like this:

""")" The Extra Quotation at the end shouldnt be there. Any Idea?

This works for me?...

Filewriteline(@DesktopDir&"\Blah.au3", "$WIndow = GUICreate("""", @DesktopWidth + 200, @DesktopHeight + 200, -1, -1)")

i need it to write to C:\Blah.au3

I suppose this will work...?

Filewriteline("C:\Blah.au3", "$WIndow = GUICreate("""", @DesktopWidth + 200, @DesktopHeight + 200, -1, -1)")

OH SNAP! It worked, thx Generator :)