hi, i got a problem with following code:

While (1)
$bla = WinGetTitle("misc")
Select
    Case $bla = 0
        ContinueCase
    Case $bla <> 0
        Sleep(50)
        ControlSend($bla, "", "Edit1", "www.test.de {enter}")
        ExitLoop
EndSelect
WEnd

i'm waiting for $bla becoming the string "misc" (waiting for opening C:\misc folder) then he should send the controlsend stuff..

i tried that with an if but actually it didn't either execute the if (tried with msgbox(0, "", "if executed")

so i switched over to "select case.."

sometimes i can start the script and all but the "ExitLoop" works fine, so it's sending the url 1000000x to the window.

and now (without changing anything) i start the script and it's exiting immediately..

already tried $bla = "misc" instead of $bla <> 0

didn't success either!

any suggestions? i'm sure it's a stupid mistake of mine caus im new to autoit :)

MHz

ContinueCase executes the conditions in the next Case statement so all the Case conditions will execute each time $bla = 0. Perhaps a value of a string = 0. You may want to use ContinueLoop instead of ContinueCase to keep the loop going?

WinGetTitle() returns a string title so you should be checking $bla against the string "misc"?

:)

phew

yeah thanks i found it out myself half a minute ago, i changed it to:

AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 0)
While (1)
$bla = WinGetTitle("misc")
MsgBox(0, "", $bla)
Select
    Case $bla = 0
        ContinueLoop
    Case $bla = "misc"
        ControlSend($bla, "", "Edit1", "www.test.de {enter}")
        ExitLoop
EndSelect
WEnd

so the msgbox views the string "misc" when i open the C:\misc folder, but actually it didn't send the ControlSend(...) stuff - why?

MHz

so the msgbox views the string "misc" when i open the C:\misc folder, but actually it didn't send the ControlSend(...) stuff - why?

A string value may always = 0 so your loop will never reach the 2nd Case statement.