Network, Computer, Software Research

flip209

This is a nice program. If you are planning on keeping the GUI in your original post I would recommend automatically sizing the columns so that the user doesn't have to do it. There should be a function if you look somewhere under _GuiCtrlListView... in the helpfile.

Also refresh was a bit buggy: it hid one column until I click on the column resize part and then it flicked back into view. I don't know if that is your problem or something with AutoIt.

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I go a input that you could put in the IP or Computer name to get the software on that computer. Working on the gui right now

" I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison "You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." Abraham Lincoln

The VB Script I posted in Post#11, will get a list of Software from Remote Machine's only if the username and password is the same from the machine you are running the scripts.

Does anyone have experience with VB Scripts? I'd like to see if we can bypass this so I can get the list of Software from remote machine's without having the the same username and password. Any thoughts?

If you are logged in as the admin it should by pass it. I have installed the script and made it spit out a temp file all you have to do is enter the ip or computer name. :) only took me a day lol it is in the gui now. Working on the reg key to find the current user

" I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison "You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." Abraham Lincoln

If you are logged in as the admin it should by pass it. I have installed the script and made it spit out a temp file all you have to do is enter the ip or computer name. :) only took me a day lol it is in the gui now. Working on the reg key to find the current user

Ok I think I have to clarify how the Script works.

CPU 1 = My Computer at my desk. I will run the script from this CPU.

CPU 2 = Remote Computer I want to pull the Software list from via IP Address

Let's say I am logged in as Administrator on CPU 1 and have the password of Admin.

CPU 2 can be logged in as any user they want. But if CPU 2 does not have the Administrator User or has a different password for Administrator, the script will fail and you will receive an error message.

Right now we are not on a Domain so Users can Delete the administrator account and/or change the password. That is why it is hit or miss if the Administrator account will be sufficient to run this script.

Once we migrate over it should work without an issue.

I could do like a send($computername) from the list the I get from net view. I would have to append the file though

Maybe Something like this................I figure Status could be if the IP Address is Alive or Dead. We can add more info to it as needed. Also Find a way to get a list of software from this.........maybe a right click on each IP Address and Export Report?

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("IP Scan", 444, 278, 196, 170)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Select Range:", 8, 40, 72, 17)
GUICtrlCreateInput("", 80, 40, 121, 21)
$Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("to", 208, 40, 13, 17)
GUICtrlCreateInput("", 224, 40, 121, 21)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Scan", 360, 40, 75, 25, 0)
$Label3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Scan Results:", 16, 88, 70, 17)
$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("IP|Status|Username", 16, 112, 242, 150)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, 0x101E, 0, 50)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, 0x101E, 1, 50)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, 0x101E, 2, 60)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

To do what you are talking about you have to have an existing list of ip address, check out visual ping or visual ping 2. This has the idea you are talking about, I wanted this for network discovery if you did not know the network and pick a computer you need more information about. For the list of ip address you could do a listselectitem i believe. I could be done but with the script the way it is now I am not sure how. you can pull the information out of the registry just not all of the info like with the script. Hum........

We should incorperate this in the final project. but return the ip and the computer name. With a range, I like the program but for the use in this program we should return a listbox and then have a buttont o copy the is box.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Have the Box contain the IP Address, Alive or Dead, Computer Name, Username, and then somehow get the Software List in there as well.

I will send you the Code for the IP Range Scan. Check your PM Inbox.

People must like this one 14 dl in 12 hours?????

I downloaded it but it did not work. I keep getting a "This is not a valid Win32 executable" error. I'm running Vista, but that shouldn't make a difference. Got the code for this?

I do have the code but do to the nature of this program I am not releasing it. Sorry, it only took about day to program.

I have not seen your application yet so this is just a suggestion. Hopefully it is helpful.

I would add BIOS information to the list. The reason is becuase if you are using Dell computers they store ServiceTag information in the Bios. Makes life easier when you need to place a service call.

Here is where you can pull the information. (not very pretty but you can get the idea if your using WMI)

CODE
$objWMIService = ObjGet( "winmgmts://./root/cimv2" )

$colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery( "Select * from Win32_BIOS" )

For $objItem in $colItems

$ServiceTAG = ($objItem.SerialNumber)

$Manufacturer = ($objItem.Manufacturer)

Here is another one for getting antivirus defs from symantec. You will need access to the local disk and it will need to be shared.

CODE
VirusDef = IniRead ( 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VirusDefs\DEFINFO.DAT', 'DefDates', 'CurDefs', "default" )

$Year = StringLeft( $VirusDef, 4 )

$Month = StringMid( $VirusDef, 5, 2 )

$Day = StringMid( $VirusDef, 7, 2 )

Edited by Majai