run *.au3 script from AutoIt script

Dirk98

Guys, is there a command, similar to RUN(), that can launch *.au3 scripts?

SchellExecute() opens the script in the editor on my system. But I need to run the script istead. I know I can compile it first, but for convenience I need to keep the 2nd script uncompiled in the *.au3 form.

Thanks.

• Moderators

/AutoIt3ExecuteScript

Edit:

But from SciTE you could just choose the F5 option.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Nahuel, this one OPENS in the editor, not runs it, unfortunately.

haha, sorry.. I got to start testing my scripts before posting them. Try these:

ShellExecute("Notas de Escritorio.au3","","","Run")

ShellExecute("Notas de Escritorio.au3","","","Edit")

• Moderators

SmokeOn, could you please say it again: - I can't find it.

With /AutoIt3ExecuteScript, there is no need for AutoIt to be installed on the end users computer as it is with the ShellExecute Method.

You could send an AutoIt exe you made, and run scripts off that one exe as much as you wanted with the command line /AutoIt3ExecuteScript

Here are some examples in the Examples forum of use:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...t3ExecuteScript

Here is the help file documentation:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/intro/running.htm

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

With /AutoIt3ExecuteScript, there is no need for AutoIt to be installed on the end users computer as it is with the ShellExecute Method.

You could send an AutoIt exe you made, and run scripts off that one exe as much as you wanted with the command line /AutoIt3ExecuteScript

Here are some examples in the Examples forum of use:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...t3ExecuteScript

Here is the help file documentation:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/intro/running.htm

Very interesting.. I didn't know this. Thanks.

• Moderators

Very interesting.. I didn't know this. Thanks.

Here's an example:

_RunAu3AsExe('SOMESCRIPT.AU3')

;Be sure to add a space before any param string
Func _RunAu3AsExe($hFileIn, $strParams = "", $sWorkingDir = "", $sShowHide = @SW_HIDE, $nSTDOut = 0);Returns PID of newly spawned exe
    Return Run('"' & @AutoItExe & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & _
                $hFileIn & '"' & $strParams, $sWorkingDir, $sShowHide, $nSTDOut)
EndFuncoÝ÷ ØGbµ8^/z+-¢¯y«®*m­©ß®ì^Ûò-)ä¶zZ0ÆzÛ^­ìZ^.!z·²¢ç¯zØ^{¥¡Æ­è~Ø^jíÞÅëh²°ß¡ö®¶­seõ'VäS44WRWFôDWRÂb33µ4ôÔU45$BäS2b33² £´&R7W&RFòFB76R&Vf÷&Rç&Ò7G&æp¤gVæ2õ'VäS44WRb33c¶WFôDWRÂb33c¶fÆTâÂb33c·7G%&×2ÒgV÷C²gV÷C²Âb33c·5v÷&¶ætF"ÒgV÷C²gV÷C²Âb33c·56÷tFRÒ5uôDRÂb33c¶å5DD÷WBÒµ&WGW&ç2BöbæWvÇ7væVBWP &WGW&â'Vâb33²gV÷C²b33²fײb33c¶WFôDWRfײb33²gV÷C²ôWFôC4WV7WFU67&BgV÷C²b33²fײð b33c¶fÆTâfײb33²gV÷C²b33²fײb33c·7G%&×2Âb33c·5v÷&¶ætF"Âb33c·56÷tFRÂb33c¶å5DD÷WB¤VæDgVæ
Edited by SmOke_N

Here's an example:

_RunAu3AsExe('SOMESCRIPT.AU3')

;Be sure to add a space before any param string
Func _RunAu3AsExe($hFileIn, $strParams = "", $sWorkingDir = "", $sShowHide = @SW_HIDE, $nSTDOut = 0);Returns PID of newly spawned exe
    Return Run('"' & @AutoItExe & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & _
                $hFileIn & '"' & $strParams, $sWorkingDir, $sShowHide, $nSTDOut)
EndFunc
Awesome. Could be useful to use as some sort of 'extension' for your apps. And no need for Autoit installed you say? Cool.