how to use this dll ?!

Armand

was wandering if i can get an example...

it's help file & reasme are attached !

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

i've read the "how to use" of that file and i know the functions, however, AU3 returns an error - can't use dll...

so if someone can write me example script and check that .dll file it'll be better !!! thanks in advance !

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

i've read the "how to use" of that file and i know the functions, however, AU3 returns an error - can't use dll...

so if someone can write me example script and check that .dll file it'll be better !!! thanks in advance !

Best thing for me would be to see what you've tried first. Then I could check the help file for the function you've used and see if I can see the problem. The way you've asked is a non starter for me. :)

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

i've tried:

$ret = DllCall("ELImageCompare.dll","long","Compare","str","0.jpg","str","1.jpg")
If @error>0 Then MsgBox(0,"err",@error)
MsgBox(0,"",$ret)

msgbox pops with:

err

and then with:

now... any idea ?!

P.S- dllcall's return values:

Return Value

Success: @error = 0. 
Failure: @error = 1 unable to use the DLL file, 
 @error = 2 unknown "return type", 
 @error = 3 "function" not found in the DLL file.

• Moderators

Not that I've downloaded this, but if it's an activex dll, you may be approaching it in the wrong direction as far as the calls are concerned.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

it is an activeX, what should i do then ?! or AU3 doesn't support it ?!

• Moderators

it is an activeX, what should i do then ?! or AU3 doesn't support it ?!

No, it can call the activeX I'm sure, I was playing with it, but I don't have Framework 1.1 on this PC (You'll note how it says .NET all over the place)...

I would have thought it to be something like:

$sDLL = @HomeDrive & "\Development\AutoIt\Forum\ELImageCompare.dll"
$jpg1 = @MyDocumentsDir & "\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\Blue hills.jpg"
$jpg2 = @MyDocumentsDir & "\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\Sunset.jpg"

$oELIComp = _DLLObjCreate($sDLL, "ELImageCompare")
If @error Then
    MsgBox(16, "Error", "The object was not created.")
    Exit
EndIf

$nVal = $oELIComp.Compare($jpg1, $jpg2)
MsgBox(64, 'Value', $nVal)

Func _DLLObjCreate($strDLL, $sCreate)
    Local $oDLL = ObjCreate($sCreate)
    If IsObj($oDLL) Then Return $oDLL
    RunWait('Regsvr32 /s "' & $strDLL & '"')
    $oDLL = ObjCreate($sCreate)
    If IsObj($oDLL) Then Return $oDLL
    Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
EndFunc
But I can't really test it to even play with the different options.

Are there no examples of use anywhere on how to call it?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Seems someone understood it more than myself, and I guess found the right documentation:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=407797