I want to create an automation script for searching craigslist ads

phatzilla

See if this whet's your whistle with IE.au3

Make it work invisibly by setting the visiblilty parameter to _IECreate to FALSE.

Run this to see how easily you can get the link text and href's

#include <IE.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("http://toronto.craigslist.org/ele/")

$oPs = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "p")
$cntPs = @extended

Local $aLinkInfo[$cntPs + 1][3]

$aLinkInfo[0][0] = "Index"
$aLinkInfo[0][1] = "Link Text"
$aLinkInfo[0][2] = "href"

$cnt = 1
For $oP in $oPs
    $oLink = _IETagNameGetCollection($oP, "a", 0)
    $aLinkInfo[$cnt][0] = $cnt - 1
    $aLinkInfo[$cnt][1] = $oLink.innerText
    $aLinkInfo[$cnt][2] = $oLink.href
    $cnt +=1
Next

_ArrayDisplay($aLinkInfo, "LinkInfo")

Dale

Ahh Superb, you've saved me two hours of parsing!

Works better than i could have imaged! Awsome

[center][/center]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at the function documentation and run the associated examples in the helpfile and ask questions if it doesn't make sense to you.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Take a look at the function documentation and run the associated examples in the helpfile and ask questions if it doesn't make sense to you.

Dale

Well i've wasted a lot of time wirting a similar routine thats about 350 lines longer.... Wow am i a fool..

[center][/center]

Ok Almost finished it finds the matches from your criteria, now i need to make the results.ini be a html file...

Hows the smpt file coming along??? Ill pass cmd line parameter it will be the dir and file name of the html file... hopefully you could handle the rest...

[center][/center]

Now you understand my first post :)

Yeah, when I saw the response to your suggestion was "Thats not as cool as what i want too do"... I decided we had a "learning opportunity"... ;)

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Yeah, when I saw the response to your suggestion was "Thats not as cool as what i want too do"... I decided we had a "learning opportunity"... :)

Dale

Nice learning lesson Dale ;)

BTW: I played little with your example too to learn something because I'm not so experienced in using your GREAT IE UDF.

Done and ready!!!!

2 problems.... it doesn't do this in the background and it doesn't delete the IE window...

shame on me, not too sure how...

#include <IE.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

While 1

$oIE = _IECreate("http://toronto.craigslist.org/ele/") ;not sure how to hide

$cntPs = @extended

Local $aLinkInfo[$cntPs + 1][3]

$cnt = 1
For $oP in $oPs
    $cnt +=1
Next

;_ArrayDisplay($aLinkInfo, "LinkInfo")
$y = 0
$terms = IniReadSection( @SCRIPTDIR & "\Settings.ini", "Terms" )  ;compare and find results
For $i = 1 to $terms[0][0] step 1;to compare for every term
For $x = 1 to $cnt-1 step 1;compare that term to every result
If StringInStr( $aLinkInfo[$x][1], $Terms[$i][1] ) <> 0 Then
    $y=$y+1
    IniWrite( @ScriptDir & "\Results.ini", "Results", $alinkinfo[$x][1], $alinkinfo[$x][2] )
Endif
Next    
Next

$results = IniReadSection( @SCRIPTDIR & "\Results.ini", "Results")
If $y <>0 Then
$file = FileOpen( @ScriptDir & "\Results.htm", 9 )   ;write page header
FileWriteLine( $file, '<h2>AutoIT Search Companion for Craigs List Found <b>' & $y & '</b> results that matched your search criteria!</h2>' & @CRLF )   
For $u = 1 to $results[0][0] step 1     
FileWriteLine( $file, '<p><a href="' & $results[$u][1] & '">' & $results[$u][0] & '</a></p>' & @CRLF ) ;write links and data
Next
FileClose($File)
TrayTip( "Craigs List Results", "Search Found " & $y & " items!", 5000 );results
Sleep(5000)
TrayTip("","",0)
Else
FileClose($File)
TrayTip( "Craigs List Results", "Inconclusive Search (0 Results)", 5000 );for no results
Sleep(5000)
TrayTip("","",0)
EndIf
;ShellExecute( @Scriptdir & "\Smpt.exe", @Scriptdir & "\Results.htm" ) ;UES THIS LINE TO USE SMPT
Sleep((1000*60)*20);20 min Sleep
Wend;start all over

You have to had the Settings.ini There must be at least one term!!!

Format it like so

[Terms]

1=Computer

2=Tv

3=whatever

x=xxx

[center][/center]

Yeah, when I saw the response to your suggestion was "Thats not as cool as what i want too do"... I decided we had a "learning opportunity"... :)

Dale

Thanks for that though

Its always good to expand my knowledge in AutoIT

[center][/center]

keep in mind it only searchs the first page.... =( I'll have to work on that maybe DaleHohm could help us with that...

Use

_IELinkClickByText($oIE, "next 100 postings")

_IELoadWait($oIE)

and then start over...

Dale

p.s. Check the return status of _IELinkClickByText to see if it found a link for the next 100 or not...

Also, as mentioned earlier, _IECreate has a parameter for invisible. _IEQuit kills the window

Edited by DaleHohm

I found a SLOW and sloppy solution to our problem...

But it can load as many pages as you tell it, in dayton OH USA there is 9500+ items listed so i wanted it to search my terms using 9500 items which would be 95 pages.... Slow yes but when your at work you wont see it!! and hopefully we can make it work in the background!!!

Anywho here is the new souce:

Change the url to your local url and be sure to change the items and pages to what you need....

Have fun

;DBak & DaleHohm 
;V 0.1

FileDelete( @ScriptDir & "\Results.htm" )
FileDelete( @scriptdir & "\Results.ini" )
#include <IE.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

While 1

$oIE = _IECreate("http://dayton.craigslist.org/sss/") ;not sure how to hide  ;<---CAHNGE TO YOUR URL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$cntPs = @extended

Global $aLinkInfo[9500][3]               ;<---ALLOWS FOR 95 PAGES (9500 ITEMS) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is Pages * 100

$cnt = 1
For $oP in $oPs
    $cnt +=1
Next

GetMore( 95 );gets 9500 items, or 95 page   <-- GETS YOU MORE ITEMS  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Change your Number
;_ArrayDisplay($aLinkInfo, "LinkInfo")

$y = 0
$terms = IniReadSection( @SCRIPTDIR & "\Settings.ini", "Terms" )  ;compare and find results
For $i = 1 to $terms[0][0] step 1;to compare for every term
For $x = 1 to $cnt-1 step 1;compare that term to every result
If StringInStr( $aLinkInfo[$x][1], $Terms[$i][1] ) <> 0 Then
    $y=$y+1
    IniWrite( @ScriptDir & "\Results.ini", "Results", $alinkinfo[$x][1], $alinkinfo[$x][2] )
Endif
Next    
Next

$results = IniReadSection( @SCRIPTDIR & "\Results.ini", "Results")
If $y <>0 Then
$file = FileOpen( @ScriptDir & "\Results.htm", 9 )   ;write page header
FileWriteLine( $file, '<h2>AutoIT Search Companion for Craigs List Found <b>' & $y & '</b> results that matched your search criteria!</h2>' & @CRLF )   
For $u = 1 to $results[0][0] step 1     
FileWriteLine( $file, '<p><a href="' & $results[$u][1] & '">' & $results[$u][0] & '</a></p>' & @CRLF ) ;write links and data
Next
FileClose($File)
TrayTip( "Craigs List Results", "Search Found " & $y & " items!", 5000 );results
Sleep(5000)
TrayTip("","",0)
Else
FileClose($File)
TrayTip( "Craigs List Results", "Inconclusive Search (0 Results)", 5000 );for no results
Sleep(5000)
TrayTip("","",0)
EndIf
;ShellExecute( @Scriptdir & "\Smpt.exe", @Scriptdir & "\Results.htm" ) ;UES THIS LINE TO USE SMPT
Sleep((1000*60)*20);20 min Sleep
Wend;start all over

Func GetMore( $pages )
ProgressOn( "Working...", "Geting Extended Pages!" )
For $i=1 to $pages step 1
ProgressSet( $i/$pages*100, $i )
_IENavigate( $oIE, "http://dayton.craigslist.org/sss/index"& $pages & "00.html") ;YOUR URL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 Cahnge before the /index to your url !!!!!
$cnt = 101
For $oP in $oPs
    $cnt +=1
Next
Next
ProgressOff()
EndFunc

[center][/center]