Agh, traytip problem.

There may be a difference in the packages depending on how they were aquired. I upgraded all of mine using their automated install on the site, not using the redistro package. It is very likely that the 2 distro's were packaged by different people, and possibly containing different settings. It could also be that there were 2 critical updates and a WMI update that I installed at the same time. This could have caused the problem also. Is there anyone else that has experienced this problem under the circumstances I have described?

*** Matt @ MPCS

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

I upgraded to SP2 a few weeks ago. Nothing has affected me. A pindle bot that I use has a lot of trap tips on it. And they are still working.

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

Hmm... Not quite sure =/. I have my computer set to just automatically download and install updates at will. I really don't check on what it is installing, but it could have installed the other files with it.

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

They have never done me any wrong. I never get any unwanted crap. They only update major things, I'm not talking about search bars etc. I'm talking about the main installs.

It is very apparent how long you have been using computers. Personally as IT personnel it has only been 2 years since they screwed me over. XP incompatibilities are still popping up everywhere... now with SP2 I find that I have to revert back to SP1 because SP2 has issues with Oracle... trust Microsoft.. Baa!

*** Matt @ MPCS

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

I have been using computers a long time... I have NEVER had a problem with their updates. But, just to let you know, this is my only windows machine in use right now. And I don't use or know what oracle is. Most of the stuff I do, is burn cd's, download music, script, and play games. Every once in a while I do some creative homework ^^.

Have you used Linux? I find it to be very very effective for scripting in general. Because u can manipulate linux machines a lot more. Like I know about medium level Python scripting and it is fairly easy to do cool stuff on Linux machines with it. Too bad there isnt an autoit for linux.

HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "Display")

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Infinite Loop

While 1
  Sleep(1000) 
Wend

; Functions

Func Display()
  TrayTip ( "Usage Timer asdfasdf", Time() & " --- asfdasfdasdfasdfafsdasfasf", 5, 1 ) 
EndFunc

Func Time()
    $hour=@hour
  If $hour > 12 Then
    $hour = $hour - 12
  EndIf

Return $hour & ":" & @MIN
EndFunc

Very weird... I tried searching for it, but the search feature on here blows -.-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This works fine for me. Win XP Pro SP2 Slipstreamed. Only entry known for balloon tips is group policy editor.