Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Blue

Computer text to voice for scripts?

Christopher Blue

I am making a script and I want to have to provide feedback with text-to-voice. While making sound files for a few bits of feedback would be feasible, I would rather have some sort of text-to-voice system so that the feedback can be very flexible.

crzftx

if you want Windows to read text, ask JustinReno. I believe I have seen more than one application of his where he uses Window's blind people resources to read things.

JustinReno

Yes, ok.

I LOVE speech/TTS

WINXP or higher needed to run TTS, or lower OS's then you would have to use sound files, and I might suggest using the AT&T Mike TTS voice, search it, you can enter what you want, and it will save it into a file ready to download.

Put this part at the top of your script:

Global $Speech = ObjCreate("SAPI.SpVoice")oÝ÷ Øû­¶¬j|°z·²¢ìܨºÇ+m¢Ö¥ëÞ)ߺw-ìjëh×6$Speech.Speak("Hello!")
Edited by JustinReno

Christopher Blue

Thanks JustinReno, I will try out that code in my new script.

Christopher Blue

It works well but I am curious, are there options to customize the voice? Like tone, pitch, and speed?

JustinReno

Yeah, I think so, I think it was Manadar who posted something like that, search it, I don't think I have that script but I think you could use these:

$Speech.Pitch

$Speech.Volume

$Speech.Speed

I'm not sure if those work but you can try them. :)

Christopher Blue

Aye there is a .Volume and .Rate I have been able to configure. Now only if I could get a decent voice synth. Is it true that MS Vista has good text-to-voice built it?