Rosetta Stone v4.0 - now in Unicode - translates 53 languages now

jennico

The .exe works good for me. I would recommend putting all the flag images and whatever else in the @TempDirectory, and possibly in their own folder.

Nice work on this! Looks very professional.

I agree. It works well, it looks good but I would prefer to see all the images in @ScriptDir & "\Images\".

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

WooHoo! V4.0 is nice.. LOL I like the panel that opens and closes displaying the controls.. LOL Kinda jittery but cool. Not crazy about having to install it but not a problem. Nice work jennico. I look forward to seeing your next add-ons.

hey geosoft !

all files have their directory now. why aren't you satisfied by now ? ;-) uff !

gesller: i've already begun to remove that jitter from the flap but it's lot of work. i would have to stretch the images pixel by pixel..... if i just show them when flap moves they shine through the flap..... i am sure an aoutoit veteran could find an easier solution for that maybe a complete different workaround.

meanwhile i am sure that Rosetta Stone will be an infinite project. there are so many languages.

but for a while i will keep up the work. as i said, i will add grammar and spell checkers.... as soon as the flu has finally left my body.

j.

My contributions:Universal translator with national keyboards and Unicode support.Unicode editor with national keyboards and editing features.

i presented my script to a friend who works with vb and c+. he is impressed by the gui skills of autoit. the other languages just draw predefined boxes, no way to make something move or change color or individual buttons, he says. (well, i dunno if this is correct, but anyway, i love autoit !)

j.

My contributions:Universal translator with national keyboards and Unicode support.Unicode editor with national keyboards and editing features.

hey geosoft !

all files have their directory now. why aren't you satisfied by now ? ;-) uff !

I am! I made the last post before I had the last update.

Edit: I still have not made up my mind about having Unicode Keyboard included in it though. But carry on, don't worry about what think. If I ever go back to writing code I'll probably still add it into Project Express as an optional tool.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 2 weeks later...

This is ausom!!! But I must ask, do you know all these languages, or did you do this with a team of people????

Also, I saw a program advertised on tv last night called Rosetta Stone. It is a language teaching software that helps people learn different languages. Im pretty sure its copywrited and pattented. You might want to change the name slightly to avoid problems because I think you could get in pretty serious trouble for breaking a copywrite...

Just a suggestion.

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, I saw a program advertised on tv last night called Rosetta Stone. It is a language teaching software that helps people learn different languages. Im pretty sure its copywrited and pattented. You might want to change the name slightly to avoid problems because I think you could get in pretty serious trouble for breaking a copywrite...

don't worry about that. there are many programs named rosetta stone, and also a rock band. rosetta stone cannot be copyrighted because it is the name of a stone found in rosette in egypt. this stone was the clue for reading the egyption hieroglyphs because it carried the same text in three different ancient languages. without this stone they would have not been able to understand the hieroglyphs.

so it is a common good and cannot be copyrighted by no one.

there is an interesting language project in internet it's called MOSES. moses is supposed to learn languages just by entering texts. it can analyze the input and learn the grammar by itself, but it needs lots of texts to verify the results. the programmers just add some grammatic rules to it from time to time. very interesting i think. kind of artificial intelligence maybe. in fact, languages can be widely expressed in logical / mathematic terms, so why not ?

j.

i have to post a warning !

the program does obviously not work with the current autoit version 3.2.10.x

the same with my unicode keyboards.

i posted the bug and it will be fixed.

meanwhile i will downgrade again to v3.2.8.1. this is what it was written in.

sorry for the inconvenience.

j.

i am still working on new versions with more languages and features.

Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

• 1 month later...

This is a great little program! version 4.0 seems to work well.

The main thing that is missing is a toggle button to reverse the two languages English-French becomes French-English.

It also takes approximately 7 seconds for the Advanced menu to slide open or closed, which is rather long..

And my last nitpick is that I'd like to be able to select all the text by pressing Ctrl-A.

cheers,

• 5 months later...

I found this through the link in your sig (I was checking out FreeStyle). It doen't really work on Vista (pre-compiled version). The input section has no edit box, just a blank gray GUI background. And the flag / language radio button selection GUI doesn't seem to work, and closes the program when it is closed.

So, any plans to update this for Vista (if those are Vista bugs?). Perhaps building with the latest version of AutoIt will help?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I tried downloading the zip of the rosetta stone, but when i was going to extract it my computer alerted me that there was a virus. And so i naturally chose to delete the file and so i wasn't able to extract the full of the zip, can you please post another zip, the one that has no virus, please. and can you please email me or give me a message so that i will know. i am a very forgetful person and i hardly go to this site. Please help me, i really wanna learn japanese! thanks again!

Hello! I tried downloading the zip of the rosetta stone, but when i was going to extract it my computer alerted me that there was a virus. And so i naturally chose to delete the file and so i wasn't able to extract the full of the zip, can you please post another zip, the one that has no virus, please. and can you please email me or give me a message so that i will know. i am a very forgetful person and i hardly go to this site. Please help me, i really wanna learn japanese! thanks again!

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34658

It's not a virus. At least I didn't get one.

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...