Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ihudson

How can I change the icon of an inputbox window?

12 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I've created a Inputbox but it shows the standard Autoit icon in the Window's Title area.

post-20121-1198264171_thumb.png

How can I change this to a custom icon?

View attachment to see what I mean. (window_title2.png)

Edited by ihudson

Im pretty new around here.

so i dont really know.....but it should definately be possible

sorry i can't help :)

PS: this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated

What's the point in posting if you are only saying you have nothing to add?

Have you tried changing the executable icon?

See Custom InputBox in my signature, you can set icon (GUISetIcon) after GUICreate part (inside the function _InputBox).

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

As an offshoot to this question: When you use GUISetIcon, it does not change the icon found in the Alt+Tab menu, any ideas how to change that?

I don't understand the problems...

If it's compiled, the input box adopts the exe icon... and alt+tab as well.

When you use GUISetIcon, it does not change the icon found in the Alt+Tab menu, any ideas how to change that?

It does when you compile the script :)

If it's compiled, the input box adopts the exe icon

And what if he (we) want to set a different icon for the inputbox or/and for other gui? :P

My Work...

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

And what if he (we) want to set a different icon for the inputbox or/and for other gui?

Then he/we should use your "Custom InputBox" :) ...

... or make his/our own.

Here was my issue. I have a program, it has two GUI windows. Using GUISetIcon, one window uses Icon1.ico as it's titlebar icon, the other window uses Icon2.ico as it's titlebar icon. When I Alt+tab between the two windows, they have the same icon, the AutoIt3.exe icon or, if I compile the program, the icon it was compiled with. I wanted to know if there was a way for the Alt+Tab icon to be different, without having to compile two separate programs.

I wanted to know if there was a way for the Alt+Tab icon to be different, without having to compile two separate programs.

As far as i know, this icon is taken (*by Windows*) from the executable, so i do not think you can set a seperate icon for each GUI (for the Alt+Tab dialog)...

Have you seen such "effect" in other apps?

My Work...

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

As far as i know, this icon is taken (*by Windows*) from the executable, so i do not think you can set a seperate icon for each GUI (for the Alt+Tab dialog)...

Have you seen such "effect" in other apps?

I thought I had, but I'm unable to find an application that does it now.

See Custom InputBox in my signature, you can set icon (GUISetIcon) after GUICreate part (inside the function _InputBox).

Thank you all! I'll try that Custom InputBox in your sig.