Multi-string return from dllcall

ybouan

I am trying to get a list of smartcard readers on my machine using winscard.dll's scardlistreaders (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa379793.aspx)

LONG SCardListReaders(

__in SCARDCONTEXT hContext,

__in LPCTSTR mszGroups,

__out LPTSTR mszReaders,

__inout LPDWORD pcchReaders

);

with mszReaders being a "Multi-string that lists the card readers within the supplied reader groups. If this value is NULL, SCardListReaders ignores the buffer length supplied in pcchReaders, writes the length of the buffer that would have been returned if this parameter had not been NULL to pcchReaders, and returns a success code."

In the result to my call I do have the first reader in $result[3] but I can't get the rest of the list... In my arguments to the dllcall I set the type for mszReaders to "str".

I tried "str*" or "ptr" but those don't give anything back.

In VB this would be defined as "String * 256" for example (256 may be a little exaggerated for a count of readers on my machine :-) ).

Thanks for helping my find my lost data.

Here is my code. You can ignore the declarations at the top since dllstruct seems to ignore them:

Global Const $SCARD_SCOPE_USER = 0
Dim $hContext
Dim $pcchReaders = 227
Dim $szReaderList = DllStructCreate ( "char var1[256];char var2[256];char var3[256];char var4[256]")
Dim $mzGroup = ""
$dll = DllOpen("WinScard.dll")
if @error Then MsgBox(0,"1","Fail Load")
$result = DllCall($dll, "long", "SCardEstablishContext","long",$SCARD_SCOPE_USER,"long",0,"long",0,"long*",$hContext)
if @error Then 
    MsgBox(0,"2","Fail" & @error & $hContext & $result)
    DllClose($dll)
    Exit
EndIf
;MsgBox(0,"2","Success " & $result[4] & $hContext)
_ArrayDisplay($result)
$result = DllCall($dll, "lparam", "SCardListReaders","long",$result[4],"str",$mzGroup,"str",$szReaderList,"long*",$pcchReaders)
if @error Then 
    MsgBox(0,"3","Fail" & $pcchReaders & $result)
    DllClose($dll)
    Exit
EndIf
;MsgBox(0,"3","Success " & $result[3] & $result[4] & $pcchReaders & $szReaderList[1])
_ArrayDisplay($result)
DllClose($dll)