Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoogleDude

Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Not sure why this is happening but when ever I run the app without any switches at all I get an error "Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded."

What I am trying to do is make it so if a undefined switch is passed to the compiled script it displays the MSGBOX. Instead the MSGBOX ONLY apears if I type a invalid switch. If I just run the compiled or uncompiled script I get the ARRAY error from above.

I am using the below code

If Not $CMDLINE[0] And $CMDLINE[1] = '/show' or '/hide' or '/remove' Then 
    MsgBox(1024,"Not a valid switch.","An invalid switch was passed to program.exe, Valid switches are /show /hide or /remove!")
    Exit
EndIf

I must be misunderstanding something. I did read the "Running Scripts" section in the help. But still just dont get it aparently.

Many thanks,

GoogleDude

Edited by GoogleDude

try adding to do code

dim $CMDLINE[2]

post the whole code not the section cause it is harder to help if you post just part of the code.

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

I must be misunderstanding something. I did read the "Running Scripts" section in the help. But still just dont get it aparently.

"If Not $CMDLINE[0] and $CMDLINE[1]" is stating that if no cmdline switch was passed but check the first parameter which leads to using $CMDLINE[1] when AutoIt has not declared the array. The logic used is flawed. Check $CMDLINE[0] and if it is not zero then you can check the other elements of $CMDLINE, but not if $CMDLINE[0] equals zero else the script will error.

You need to compare the switch each time with $CMDLINE[1], so your or "this or that then" is incorrect. It needs to be or "this = that or that = this then"...

This may help you

If $CMDLINE[0] Then
    If $CMDLINE[1] <> '/show' And $CMDLINE[1] <> '/hide' And $CMDLINE[1] <> '/remove' Then
        MsgBox(1024,"Not a valid switch.","An invalid switch was passed to program.exe, Valid switches are /show /hide or /remove!")
        Exit
    EndIf
EndIf

Edit: Moved Exit within the 2nd If statement.

:)

try adding to do code

dim $CMDLINE[2]

post the whole code not the section cause it is harder to help if you post just part of the code.

AutoIt handles the declaration so your Dim statement is not required.

:P

Edited by MHz