A few problems on a project im working on....

Justen

Well, I am new to Autoit, and have some vb6 experience, anyway i cannot figure out how to make the program minimize to task bar when the exit button is clicked. And, can someone explain to me, how to make a single button work with multiple links so that if clicked it will go to the next link and continue etc on a loop?

as of now, if the button is clicked it goes through every single link, not one at a time.

thanks for the help

Edited by Justen

You will need to show your code to get useful help

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

sorry, im not trying to be a "dick" i just dont share my sources ever. Especially with this as I am planning to share it only with another person. I just need someone to help me with maybe showing me some resources for making 1 button show another link once clicked and go through a cycle of urls

and of course if someone could show me a resource on minimizing to taskbar from exit? thanks

sorry, im not trying to be a "dick" i just dont share my sources ever. Especially with this as I am planning to share it only with another person. I just need someone to help me with maybe showing me some resources for making 1 button show another link once clicked and go through a cycle of urls

and of course if someone could show me a resource on minimizing to taskbar from exit? thanks

You show me yours, we'll show you ours

(at least a piece of pseudo code....)

Everseeker

Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Stop
            _IENavigate ($oIE, "www.site1.com")
            _IENavigate ($oIE, "Www.site2.com")
            _IENavigate ($oIE, "Www.site3.com")
            _IENavigate ($oIE, "Www.site4.com")

As for the "task when exited" i have nothing. I have taht setup there (diff links obviously) and when the button is clicked, it goes through the sites 1 by 1. I need it to wait to be clicked again before continuing to the next site..

Once again ty for the help

• Developers

Whats all this talk about "dick"s and "show me yours...." ?

Seriously, You cannot expect us to help you when you don;t share a snippet of code you want help with in the first place .... un less ofcourse you pay me a nice fee :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

As for the "task when exited" i have nothing. I have taht setup there (diff links obviously) and when the button is clicked, it goes through the sites 1 by 1. I need it to wait to be clicked again before continuing to the next site..

Once again ty for the help

OK, you need to go to a different location for each press...

Well you could have the button's action increment a counter, then pass the counter to a function that will call a site, based on the counter

Case $x=1, site1

Case $x=2, Site 2...

(you get the rough idea)

Edited by everseeker

Everseeker

or is that UNcover?

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Well you could have the button's action increment a counter, then pass the counter to a function that will call a site, based on the counter

Case $x=1, site1

Case $x=2, Site 2...

(you get the rough idea)

Well, i cant seem to figure this out. Sorry, im very new to programming and such, anyway if someone could help me with this a bit more?

Case $x=1, site1

Case $x=2, Site 2...

(you get the rough idea)

near the top of the script add this

Global $cCount = 0

Then

$cCount += 1
         Switch $cCount
           Case 1
           Case 2
           Case 3
           Case Else
             $cCount = 0
        EndSwitch

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"