Help with HotKeys

Jon8c

Erm, sorry if this is too simple of a question (I'm new to this). Well, I'm trying to set a global hotkey (or I want a hotkey to do an action no matter what window is active) to exit the script. So, I tried adding

HotKeySet("!{End}", "Exit")
as the Help file instructed. Then, I tried running the script, but it said there was an error with the function, saying that it's an Unknown Function. I figured Exit wasn't a function, but I couldn't find anything else that would exit the script. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Erm, sorry if this is too simple of a question (I'm new to this). Well, I'm trying to set a global hotkey (or I want a hotkey to do an action no matter what window is active) to exit the script. So, I tried adding

HotKeySet("!{End}", "Exit")
as the Help file instructed. Then, I tried running the script, but it said there was an error with the function, saying that it's an Unknown Function. I figured Exit wasn't a function, but I couldn't find anything else that would exit the script. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Exit is an AutoIt native function that takes an optional parameter. That also makes it a reserved key word so you can't create a function called "Exit". So do it this way:

HotKeySet("!{End}", "_Quit")

While 1
     Sleep(20) ; Keep the script alive
WEnd

Func _Quit()
     Exit
EndFunc

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Oh, sweet thanks. and by the way, are the lines after the HotKey line necessary?

yes they are , if you want your script to dont quit .

No prob fell free to ask me q :D

Edited by Xav

You must have them because...

if you have a script...its gunna do the whole script right? like

THEN EXIT...because nothing else to do...but if you have

While 1

WEnd...

then its making a loop...keeping the script running...

does that help explain it better?

I got an error using {SPACE} to write "+" when space is pressed...

Show the error and the code snipit that generates it.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I got an error using {SPACE} to write "+" when space is pressed...

The plus sign is reserved for a flag so it can not be used that way in a Send().

This should work

Send("{+}")

or

Send("+", 1)

or

Send("{ASC 43}")

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"