Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikelee33

Drag and Drop with Input Box Contents Highlighted

4 posts in this topic

I am having a difficult time consistently creating a GUICtrlCreateInput box which has its contents highlighted. I must be missing something. The input box receives a drag and drop file, but is not highlighted, so any pre-existing file is not replaced by the newly dropped file. I actually have to manually highlight any pre-existing file in the box before I drop a new file if it is to work properly.

I have:

GUICreate("Program", 700,300,(@DesktopWidth - 700) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 300) / 2, -1, 0x00000010)

$file = GUICtrlCreateInput ( $input , 10, 125, 300, 20)

GUICtrlSetState(-1,$GUI_DROPACCEPTED)

So I have the gui set to accept drag and drop files, and I have gui_dropaccepted. Isn't that all I need? I am thinking there must be something else I am missing. Thanks for direction.

Odd... I ran this exact script:

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

GUICreate("Program", 700,300,(@DesktopWidth - 700) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 300) / 2, -1, 0x00000010)
$file = GUICtrlCreateInput ( "Bla" , 10, 125, 300, 20)
GUICtrlSetState(-1,$GUI_DROPACCEPTED)
GUISetState()

While 1
    Sleep(1000)
WEnd

And for me, the inputbox highlighted it's contents when i dragged desktop icons onto it.

I agree - odd. That is why I had mentioned that I couldn't get it to "consistently" work. Some (most) of my gui's highlight the input box, but this example from this particular gui doesn't. So now that I know that is all I do indeed need I will just have to go through the rest of the script searching for some reason it doesn't work - but I'm not optimistic I'll find anything. Thank you.

Well, if you can't figure it out, post your full code, and I and/or others would likely be willing to help you debug it. :D

Good luck!