unhandled win32 exception

is your new pc vista? if it is, you can right click on the application and go to properties, and set it to work for compatibility mode of xp service pack 2 and it might work. my new pc is vista, and i have had some problems like this.

chkdsk, defragment and retry. Then report back. Without any information about the script and AutoIt version used (if compiled) it's not easy to help you..:)

the code for the program I was working on was only about 10 lines, so I started disabling one line at a time until the program worked. The problem is in a dll call.

$storage = DllCall("Grant PJAS DLL.dll", "int", "PJAS", "int", $sides)

I tried my other programs on the laptop that use dll's and get the same error. Those programs work perfectly on the desktop.

The laptop has version v3.2.10.0 of autoit on it. the desktop has an older version.

Noteworthy works:Fast Pixel SearchSigned: WG

the code for the program I was working on was only about 10 lines, so I started disabling one line at a time until the program worked. The problem is in a dll call.

$storage = DllCall("Grant PJAS DLL.dll", "int", "PJAS", "int", $sides)

I tried my other programs on the laptop that use dll's and get the same error. Those programs work perfectly on the desktop.

The laptop has version v3.2.10.0 of autoit on it. the desktop has an older version.

You might need to check what the parameters are supposed to be for that dll. Verify that both are supposed to be "int"

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

I have resolved my own problem. The problem is not AutoIt, it is visual studio. when an unhandled exception occurs, visual studio activates it's just in time debugger. The error may or may not have been a serious one, but it kills your program all the same. I realized it was not Auto it when I tried playing games, and the games started crashing in the same way. if you have this problem go to this support forum and read the part about

Delete the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug\Debugger

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\DbgManagedDebugger

after you do that, restart your machine and the problem should go away.

Noteworthy works:Fast Pixel SearchSigned: WG