Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phaze424

InternetExplorer Object -> Save HTML

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I've been using AutoIt3 for a few months now, but have only browsed the forums; I've never posted anything. However, I have a question: How can I save the current HTML from an InternetExplorer object? Normally, I would use InetGet(), but I'm trying to use PageScrape to scrape the page. The page requires me to log in (cookies, etc; most of you know what I'm talking about, so I won't go into it in depth.) Here's what I have so far:

Global $IEObject = ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application")
$IEObject.Navigate("http://www.somesite.com/login.php")
While $IEObject.Busy
    Sleep(200)
WEnd
$IEObject.document.getElementById("user").Value = "AutoIt3"
$IEObject.document.getElementById("pass").Value = "KicksAss"
$IEObject.document.getElementById("LoginForm").Submit()
Sleep(5000)
While $IEObject.Busy
    Sleep(200)
WEnd
; Do something
$IEObject.Quit()

I tried $IEObject.document.ExecCommand("SaveAs", 0, "SomePath"), but my script just hung. If I can't this to work, perhaps someone knows of a way to find the file corresponding to a specific URL in the cache, thus allowing me to use the ultimate powers of the copypasta? Thanks in advance for the help!

EDIT: I feel like an idiot. Just a couple minutes after posting this, I realized that I could just use $IEObject.document.Body.innerHTML. :) The topic can be locked, I suppose. I bet this first post gave you a great impression... :)

Edited by phaze424

I bet this first post gave you a great impression... :)

Welcome to the forums, and trust me, there are WAY worse first posts all over the place.