Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
new2this

ComboBox: limit user input to drop-down selections

5 posts in this topic

I have a gui that populates several combo boxes within it. How do I go about limiting the user to selecting only from the drop down items, not allowing them to type in their own input?

Thanks ahead of time!

Style: $CBS_DROPDOWN

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

So, simply...$cmbCreate = GuiCtrlCreateCombo("",350, 160, 141, 25, $CBS_DROPDOWN)

THis should keep the end user from being able to enter their own text in the combo box? If thats the case, then I've done something else wrong.

So, simply...$cmbCreate = GuiCtrlCreateCombo("",350, 160, 141, 25, $CBS_DROPDOWN)

THis should keep the end user from being able to enter their own text in the combo box? If thats the case, then I've done something else wrong.

Sorry...
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
GUICreate("")
GUICtrlCreateCombo ("", 10,10, -1, -1, $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST)
GUICtrlSetData(-1,"1|2|3")
GUISetState ()
While GUIGetMsg() <> -3
WEnd
Exit

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Wonderful! Adding the $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST instead of the $CBS_DROPDOWN did the trick. Thanks for your help, SmOke_N!!