Help with Splash screen

Digi

Im Busy writing a Version Specifically For the PortableApps.com Stuff I use alot, and i will be posting it up aswell on the Share Site soon as i finish the Documentation on how to Edit the Autorun.ini File etc for it.

This will be a Alpha Version for it,

I havent had any issues with the Splash Beta 4 thus far, but if anyone does please post your errors and findings and ill help out where i can.

Should Have the Portable Apps Scripting done today.

Saru Mo Ki Kara Ochiru[u]Direct Translation[/u]: Even monkeys will fall from trees.[u]I.E.:[/u] To Error is HumanMy Splash Screen applet: Splash Screen Coding

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hahahahaha Im a firm believer in Open source software :lmao: I made this to make My life better if it can help others make their life better then SHWEEEEEEEEEEEET.

Lol have finished some of the stuffs for the PortableApps platform, busy trying to figure a few things out on it.

But thus far..... And ok ill Post it as ALPHA pack with no help doc.....

The splash is Run as a Autorun and then Starts PortableAppMenu.exe

I use it for alot of IT tech stuffs I do and the Splash is sortta a If found please return screen lol.

I will also post a version i am working on for a USB drive with TRUECRYPT running on it to start that and mount the Drive just needing a password, soon as i get that done.

BOOM posting lol :)

OK Same link as Above, But download the PortableApps Splash (Alpha).zip for this specific Version.

P.S. Read the Autorun.ini to change the name of the FlashDrive currently set to Digi's USB cjange to anything this is just the drive lable.

Beta Will Have all the Documentation Added.

Beta 2 Will have all the Truecrypt add-ons.

Visit PortableApps For some Great FREEWARE applications that Run in a portable Format, and is what im designing all this around :)

Thanks for all the Positive Feedback :party:

EDIT: Sorry Heres the Link again just for those lazy peeps lol Digi's Splash

Edited by Digi

Saru Mo Ki Kara Ochiru[u]Direct Translation[/u]: Even monkeys will fall from trees.[u]I.E.:[/u] To Error is HumanMy Splash Screen applet: Splash Screen Coding

Can I use this script to view the splash as a smaller button that lies in the lower right corner, and if you click it - then you start up the StartPortableApps.exe ?

Hi Simphax, How exactly you mean, I wrote the Script as a Splash scripting IE no button or activations, Do you wanna use it as a Autorun menu? thats a lil different Little bits of Code change, and more added.

Give me a little more on what exactly you want to do and ill gladly help you out with the coding if I can.

Hi Simphax, How exactly you mean, I wrote the Script as a Splash scripting IE no button or activations, Do you wanna use it as a Autorun menu? thats a lil different Little bits of Code change, and more added.

Give me a little more on what exactly you want to do and ill gladly help you out with the coding if I can.

I want to position the splash to the lower right edge, and if you click on it, you will start up the portableapps.

I want to position the splash to the lower right edge, and if you click on it, you will start up the portableapps.

Ok so you still want it to only display for a time? or must it be active until when????

and if there is a Action on the GUI(its what it is basically) then it will only start the Applet?

as to moving it, ill seriously have to look properly, not to sure on that command line (Lower right Edge lol) regardless of resolution and Calculating the Image sizes. lol.

Ok so you still want it to only display for a time? or must it be active until when????

It doesn't really matter. If it is possible, you can put another button who closes the splash.

and if there is a Action on the GUI(its what it is basically) then it will only start the Applet?

Well, Yes. if it is the easiest way. The splash should also disappear after you click on it.

as to moving it, ill seriously have to look properly, not to sure on that command line (Lower right Edge lol) regardless of resolution and Calculating the Image sizes. lol.

I'll be happy with fixed resolution if that is easier. You don't need to spend time on this. Can't you just position it "aboslute" like in css :) right:0px;bottom:0px; ??

Thank you so much for your help :)

It doesn't really matter. If it is possible, you can put another button who closes the splash.

Well, Yes. if it is the easiest way. The splash should also disappear after you click on it.

I'll be happy with fixed resolution if that is easier. You don't need to spend time on this. Can't you just position it "aboslute" like in css :) right:0px;bottom:0px; ??

Thank you so much for your help :)

Lol Im not all that good as yet. this is more a learning Curb for me than you think lol.

Im still looking into it, but having a Wait periode of say 4 seconds and if no action then finish script, or if Mouseclick run XXX.exe is a lil complicated, i think i got the when click part, im trying to get the wait for 4000 less buttonclick lol.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP lol if anyone knows it, im still going through help files etc.... Coding is all up for those wanting to see it.

and just to check with peeps. here is the Idea.

;Some Pause or wait command that will allow applet to read if something happens then
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN,"RunApp")
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Mouse Click on Gui
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Func RunApp()
    RUN("StartPortableApps.exe","")
EndFunc

Hope im on right track here now.

Oh BTW figured out the position thing

$GUI = GUICreate("Digi's Splash", $width, $height, @DesktopWidth-$width, @DesktopHeight-$height, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED)
SetBitMap($GUI, $hImage, 255)

Its just getting the Exact Toolbar size from bottom. dont think there is a way to get it to take the Toolbar and exclude it from the desktop Region. But im still looking at that.

Edit:The toolbar on My system looks to be 32 - 35 Pixels so it would just be @DesktopHeight-$height-35 i think, but again i think thats standard regardless of resolutions but i may be wrong, and thats if its not 2bars thick etc etc etc.

So just need help on the wait till less command thing, i dont see anything that would work properly.

Edited by Digi

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I got it HAHAHAHAHA

See give me time i work it out eventually :)

;add include at top
#include <MouseSetOnEvent_UDF.au3>
;Rest of code
; Display time for the Splash.
_MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_PRIMARYDOWN_EVENT, "RunApp")
Sleep(3000)
; Mouse Click on Gui
Func RunApp()
    RUN("StartPortableApps.exe","")
    Exit
EndFunc

:) Ill post this up on my Link as "Lower left Click Splash.ZIP"

This will have a 3 second sleep and if you click it it'll start PortableApps and close the GUI. Else it'll just display for 3 seconds and close.

Link To File ---> Digi's Splash Stuffs

EDIT:OOps thanks to MsCreatoR for the Mouse click UDFUDF Mouse click

Edited by Digi

wow. You are such a nerd :D Thank you! :D

um.... there a lil problem...... if you click anywhere then it will run the RunApp function....... im working on how to get it only to accept it within the Image........

Soz.... Will get the next version up soon as I can.

um.... there a lil problem...... if you click anywhere then it will run the RunApp function....... im working on how to get it only to accept it within the Image........

Soz.... Will get the next version up soon as I can.

oh. i see. That's not how we want it..

I figured it out myself!!! :D :D

Replace

_MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_PRIMARYDOWN_EVENT, "RunApp")

With

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
GUISetOnEvent ($GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN, "RunApp" )

WOHOO Hey Nice Simphax :D thx lol was going to have a look at it, but been busy as anything here, Ill update and replace the Files on my Share.

I have also cleaned up the Scripting, There was alot of data i was using in early verions that im no longer using so removed.

So ---> Splash with Click And position (No help Doc).zip Is this Version, So far Working.

All scripting Cleaned Up.

I will be Updating all the other Scriptings with the cleaned coding aswell. Please Note this is now Beta5 releases of the Little App, and i will be going back to the Original Coding seeing what enhancements I can add.

For the Position one I will write a new Help Doc with instructions on how to position the flash wherever you want.

And for those wanting how to change the Starting Application.

Im still working on the TRUCrypt coding, mounting a device isn't as easy as I hoped in this case.

Ill also be posting a change History in the next update, and the Downloads will also have just for interest sake.

Simphax will also get a lil credit for the Help on coding. :D

:D :D :)

Oh for interest Sake So far there are

9 Downloads of Splash Beta 4

6 Downloads of PortableApps Splash (Alpha)

Nice to know people using it :D

Hey Guys / Girls

I have managed to Write a Manual for using and editing the little Applet, I have also Updated the coding making it easier to use and work with, there are comments everywhere on whats happening.

Digi's Splash (Beta 5)

Theres the link to 5 Files,

Basic Splash - Display 3 sec.ZIP

Splash - Click on GUI & Position.ZIP

Splash - Click on GUI (Centre).ZIP

Splash - Start PortableAppMenu & Position.ZIP

Splash - Start PortableAppMenu (Centre).ZIP

Hope everyone finds what they want and need. and would like to know who uses and what peeps think.

Thanks to everyone so far that have assisted in the coding and getting it a little more User friendly and usefull.

Specifically to

Lor3n - PNG Scripting assist and Idea.

Simphax - For a lil help with the Click start app command

And of course the AutoIT Crew For all the assist

Edited by Digi

Hey guys and Girls just a Update for everyone wanting the Final Beta release (Adding Embedding)

So far im just looking at the limitations of things like reshack etc, the problem is all development has stopped on reshack(encase you didnt know) and from the looks of it there isnt a capability to embed a PNG image without the applet trying to change it to a Bitmap or Jpeg, Im still looking into it though, and looking for other applets that might be able to do the same thing and work with AutoIT without to much fuss.

Ill keep everyone updated with Details as i get new info.....

If anyone figures it out before me PLEASE let me know its annoying as *BLEEP* trying to lol