Unicode error while compiling a script

I have a script with just 6 lines of code and when i compile this script i get the following error:

+>12:56:07 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.8.4

>Running:(3.2.4.4):):\AutoIt3\aut2exe\Aut2Exe.exe (AutoItSC.bin)

+>12:56:13 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0

->Warning: This is an Unicode compiled script and will not run on Win9x/ME.

+>12:56:13 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

This is the simple code:

FileInstall("C:\Install\mstscax.dll", @TempDir & "\")
FileInstall("C:\Install\TSClient.exe", @TempDir & "\")

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & @TempDir & "\TSClient.exe /v:<SOMESERVERNAME> /f", "", @SW_HIDE)

FileDelete(@TempDir & "\mstscax.dll")
FileDelete(@TempDir & "\TSClient.exe")

As far as i can remember is this the first time i see this "error".

If i lookup this text in the help file and look for the why this is happening, i see some commands wich could cause this message to appear, but none of them is with the commands i use.

Could someone help me to understand this why this is happening and maybe how i could solve this issue?

if im not mistaking, its not error. it simply says that your script wont be working with Windows 98 & win/me

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

if im not mistaking, its not error. it simply says that your script wont be working with Windows 98 & win/me

If i want it to let it work wit Windows 98 it is an error.

These 2 files wich i am copying does work on every Windows system.

If you want an ANSI compile, then use this directive with AutoIt3Wrapper.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseAnsi=y

AutoIt3Wrapper will compile to Unicode unless that directive is specified.

:)

With this it will work on any Windows version or is it just to hide that "error"?

• Moderators

With this it will work on any Windows version or is it just to hide that "error"?

ANSI will work with the current (Win95 to current) Windows OS's... Unicode will not work with 95/98/ME.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.