Install a folder

I'm trying to get a directory to compile with my scrip but it won't work.

This works:

FileInstall("C:\test.exe", $path & "asdf\final.exe")

But this won't:

FileInstall("C:\test\", $path & "asdf\final\")

The help file says just to leave a trailing slash but it give me an error at compile. It works as a .AU3, but it won't compile.

Thanks in advance

I'm trying to get a directory to compile with my scrip but it won't work.

This works:

FileInstall("C:\test.exe", $path & "asdf\final.exe")

But this won't:

FileInstall("C:\test\", $path & "asdf\final\")

The help file says just to leave a trailing slash but it give me an error at compile. It works as a .AU3, but it won't compile.

Thanks in advance

read up on fileinstall in the helpfile

[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

Try this

$path = 'D:\test'
FileInstall("C:\test\test.exe", $path & "\asdf\final\final.exe")
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

You told me to read the help file. The help file says it is possible, but it doesn't work. I think the help file needs to be fixed.

I am trying it now, it wont let me compile the script...

fileinstall(@DesktopDir & "\New Folder", @DesktopDir & "\NewFolder12")

[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

aha in this case i guess the only option is to use loop, get the foldername & all files, convert them into binary data 1 by 1 & make script that auto puts all the failes into autoit .*au3 file:

Get Foldername
While 1
Get file 1 , convert it to binary code, put binary code in new *au3 file
Get file 2 , convert it to binary code, add binary code in *au3 file  etc... 
If no more files then exitloop
wend

now you compile the *.au3 file & it will put all ur files in 1 exe file.

I also recommend you take a look at this topic user Fabry posted nice code that enables yoy to convert file to binary.au3

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...=52712&st=0

Edited by goldenix
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]