Advanced Meda Player 3 [ 3.2.7.9 ] Released May 25 ]

DirtDBaK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin whats the deal, it is portable, I have to update amp 3 controller.exe to use @scriptdir, but that is the only component that would cause a problem and that would only be used if you registered the file ext with it...

[center][/center]

Hey DBaK! While you were sleeping, I made a Installer! I'll upload it, and you can test it out! The source isnt much use to you, because I used FileInstall, with my directories...lol...but I'll PM you anyway!

Alright everyone, I have got the complete approval to distribute the new Amp 3 Installer.

As for now, this installer is only available on Rapidshare. If you cannot use this file sharer, if you could get the file from someone else, and host it somewhere.

Please read the post above for more information about Amp3Inst.exe

Amp3Inst.exe

Enjoy!

I little extra information:

Amp 3 Installer

Amp 3 has now brought you Amp 3 Installer. Created and designed by Swift.

This installer now has features, unlike before, to ask, to set Amp 3 as default player, create Quick launch/desktop shortcuts, and now has a brilliant uninstaller. There are many more features that I will not mention in this PM, but in this topic: #494828

The uninstaller now can remove Amp 3 keys it has created during install and other times.

The uninstaller will remove all directorys and files it has created without having to restart.

Now sends a email to the devepoler, with the reason why you have uninstalled this software.

Now puts Amp 3 inside Add/Remove programs, incase you prefer uninstalling software by there. Amp 3 Installer will also put itself in the StartMenu, under: Amp 3, just for simple updating and quick select.

*Note* This Installer/Uninstaller is not property of DBaK, and Amp 3. This is just a curtisy feature added to this program. DBaK takes no responibility for misuse, or otherwise, not noted changes. I am, Swift.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email us.

Amp3Support@GMail.com

Stop spamming!! In particular don't spam my PM inbox. AMP3 is a good app and it doesn't need you spamming that fact. In this case you seem to be pushing the fact that you wrote the installer. Fine, we don't need any extra reminders or are you just trying to get your name in lights again?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Spamming is giving you 1 PM!?!?

When it involves advertising a product it is.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Congrats on your 911 Post count DBaK!

Oh yes, because that definitely couldn't have been said in a PM.

@DBak

DBak, I like the different skins. Maybe you should have the ability to change the skins without exiting the program though? Nice job anyway.

This is looking really cool now.

I have a small critisism, It took me a while to figure out how to load a library.

To my mind I should have been able to go to File / Add folder rather than having to turn on another panel and then browse from there.

From a user point of view if I download an application and I can't instinctivly use it's basic features then I tend to just forget about it. If you want lots of people to use this and to say to there friends hey download this, then it needs to be so blatently obvious what to do and to grab them in the first few moments of use.

Having said all that I still think it's very nice :)

Thanks chris the next release (3.2.5.3) is an alpha right now, but it can find similar atrists and find cover art, all thanks to this stie.

The release can be found here

I am going to edit this topic so that it better presents amp 3 to people who have never used it before, furthermore I will try to simplify the process of adding music to your library.

[center][/center]

DBaK, why don't you use my avatar since you don't have onev

You mean the one I made for myself on my forums lol, idk I dont feel like adding one

1) Would you like me to add a feature to the Installer to auto-database there Shared/my music folder?

Yes please just as the old installer did

Thanks

[center][/center]

I also see you have the 3999 listview item limit.

Can you use this function which is in the help file in under the topic GUICtrlRegisterListViewSort which is not bound by the Autoit limitation of 3999 items

; Create and insert items directly into the listview
Func MyGUICtrlCreateListViewItem($sText, $nCtrlID, $nIndex)
    Local $stLvItem = DllStructCreate("uint;int;int;uint;uint;ptr;int;int;int;int;")
    Local $stText   = DllStructCreate("char[260]")
    Local $arText   = StringSplit($sText, "|")

If $nIndex = -1 Then $nIndex = GUICtrlSendMsg($nCtrlID, $LVM_GETITEMCOUNT, 0, 0)

DllStructSetData($stText, 1, $arText[1]); Save the item text in the struct

DllStructSetData($stLvItem, 1, BitOr($LVIF_TEXT, $LVIF_PARAM))
    DllStructSetData($stLvItem, 2, $nIndex)
    DllStructSetData($stLvItem, 6, DllStructGetPtr($stText))
   ; Set the lParam of the struct to the line index - unique within the listview
    DllStructSetData($stLvItem, 9, $nIndex)

$nIndex = GUICtrlSendMsg($nCtrlID, $LVM_INSERTITEM, 0, DllStructGetPtr($stLvItem))

If $nIndex > -1 Then
       ; Insert now the rest of the column text
        For $i = 2 To $arText[0]
            DllStructSetData($stText, 1, $arText[$i])
            DllStructSetData($stLvItem, 3, $i - 1); Store the subitem index

GUICtrlSendMsg($nCtrlID, $LVM_SETITEMTEXT, $nIndex, DllStructGetPtr($stLvItem))
        Next
    EndIf

$stText  = 0
    $stLvItem   = 0

EndFunc

• Moderators

I also see you have the 3999 listview item limit.

Can you use this function which is in the help file in under the topic GUICtrlRegisterListViewSort which is not bound by the Autoit limitation of 3999 items

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=492358

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.