multiple line code

eMac

I apologize for what might seem to be a rather dumb question, however, I've tried the forums and tried the help file, and maybe it's just where I'm using @CRLF in my GuiCTRLCreateEdit field, but I keep getting an error when executing the program. How can I make a LONG line of code, continue to the next line below that without inturrupting the flow?

EDIT: Also, another stupid question, but when creating a GuiCtrlCreateEdit box, I have text already within it, how do I make the program startup WITHOUT the text being highlighted.

Edited by eMac
Codename: Source ProgrammerWhat Is Codename: Source? A community designed operating system based off of the Windows OS. Source brings the ideas of the community to life as each user brings his or her own ideas into the development of this project.

Yeah, figured it was that simple.. thanks a bunch. Know how I can make my edit box not be highlighted at program load?

Make the last character of the line an underscore _

Codename: Source ProgrammerWhat Is Codename: Source? A community designed operating system based off of the Windows OS. Source brings the ideas of the community to life as each user brings his or her own ideas into the development of this project.

Yeah, figured it was that simple.. thanks a bunch. Know how I can make my edit box not be highlighted at program load?

Just put the focus somewhere else:
$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 300, 200)
$Edit1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("This is my very long, overly verbose, " & _
    "multi-line text for the edit control.", 10, 10, 280, 140)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 100, 160, 100, 30)
ControlFocus($hGUI, "", $Button1)
GUISetState()

Do
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
Until $msg = -3 Or $msg = $Button1

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law