Customizable Hotkeyset

Hi,

I realize what I'm asking sounds like a keylogger. and I've found some keyloggers on the forum. But they all have trouble grabbing Ctrl-Alt-X

I want to have a program with user-customizable hotkeys. I would like to include Ctrl-Alt combinations. I want to have something like the shortcutkey in a windows shortcut properties.

I want to have something that asks the user to press what they want for a hotkey, then set my hotkey to use that. I think my issue would be easier than a keylogger, because I can open a window, and monitor incoming keys to that window.

Is there some gui function that would capture CTrl-ALT keystrokes?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi,

I realize what I'm asking sounds like a keylogger. and I've found some keyloggers on the forum. But they all have trouble grabbing Ctrl-Alt-X

I want to have a program with user-customizable hotkeys. I would like to include Ctrl-Alt combinations. I want to have something like the shortcutkey in a windows shortcut properties.

I want to have something that asks the user to press what they want for a hotkey, then set my hotkey to use that. I think my issue would be easier than a keylogger, because I can open a window, and monitor incoming keys to that window.

Is there some gui function that would capture CTrl-ALT keystrokes?

It's just standard Send() key patterns. This closes on Ctrl-Alt-x:

HotKeySet("^!x", "_Quit")

GUICreate("Test", 200, 200)
GUISetState()

While 1
    Sleep(20)
WEnd

Func _Quit()
    Exit
EndFunc

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

But I don't want to make those hotkeys user customizable, just like the shortcuts on a windows desktop.

I want to have the user be able to set what hotkey to use for my program (it's actually a tool to dial their phone through some 3rd party app)

currently I am using the F keys. But I would like it so the user could choose a key combination, and that would then be the hotkey for the program to dial.

I'm thinking I could have a gui open, and the user could type the shortcut into a text box, but that wouldn't capture CTRL and ALT keys.

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by cdtoews

I think you should do this the easy way, and just put the Send syntax in a help file for your application - then the end user just types in his choice. Otherwise you could use a couple of checkboxes marked this way: "Uses Ctrl key" and "Uses Alt key" - alonside the Input control where the "x" or other characters are typed.

Edited by Squirrely1

Das Häschen benutzt Radar

Thanks for the input,

I was thinking that making a gui with checkboxes for CTRL , Alt, and key was an option.

I just liked how windows shortcuts looked.

I thought it would be "SLICK" to be able to copy that.