Handle Global Script Errors

Hi!

Since i've been having fun writing some rather function heavy scripts, I was wondering how it would be possible to catch global errors in the script. For example, sometimes, when the script runs, it may error out saying '-1, the requested action with this object has failed'; as I do not know where it is erroring out, especially when one of my users is using the program, it would be nice to have some sort of error check/handle for the entire script instead of having to constantly check @error = 0 or 1 lol

Secondly, is there a way to give more DETAIL on what the error was so that the program doesn't close, or that I can write an error handle routine that catches all global errors in the script to help the client out more?

Thanks!

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

Since you mentioned object I assume that you use some kind of COM, in that case you can register you rown COM error function like this (Copied from the helpfile):

$oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc") ; Install a custom error handler 

; Performing a deliberate failure here (object does not exist)
$oIE = ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application")
$oIE.visible = 1
$oIE.bogus 
if @error then Msgbox(0,"","the previous line got an error.")

Exit 

; This is my custom error handler 
Func MyErrFunc() 
   $HexNumber=hex($oMyError.number,8) 
   Msgbox(0,"","We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF & _
                "Number is: " & $HexNumber & @CRLF & _
                "Windescription is: " & $oMyError.windescription ) 

SetError(1) ; something to check for when this function returns 
Endfunc

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Since you mentioned object I assume that you use some kind of COM, in that case you can register you rown COM error function like this (Copied from the helpfile):

$oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc") ; Install a custom error handler 

; Performing a deliberate failure here (object does not exist)
$oIE = ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application")
$oIE.visible = 1
$oIE.bogus 
if @error then Msgbox(0,"","the previous line got an error.")

Exit 

; This is my custom error handler 
Func MyErrFunc() 
   $HexNumber=hex($oMyError.number,8) 
   Msgbox(0,"","We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF & _
                "Number is: " & $HexNumber & @CRLF & _
                "Windescription is: " & $oMyError.windescription ) 

SetError(1) ; something to check for when this function returns 
EndfuncoÝ÷ Ûú®¢×ëZºÚ"µÍKIÍÈQK]LÈËLHØ[ÈÛH[Ý[Û[[[Ý[Û×ÒQRÓØKØ[ÝYÚÝ[[Ü[Ø[ÝÓÓHÜÈ
ÙHÒQQÜ[YÚÝ
HÈYÚÝHÙÜ[

If i remove the code above i get no error. When i register my IEErrorHandlerRegister, i get no issues. But i don't want to just trap _IE errors; i want to be able to trap any error that auto.it throws out to a user; esp those where it wouldn't work properly on their system (admin rights, etc). Hence, I need to figure out a global error handler.

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.