noobie question

You could put it in the script itself.

You mean have a seperate script for the msgbox and then execute that script from in my main script when i need the msgbox?

As to /AU3ExecuteLine what the heck is that?

Its a command like parameter for AutoIt. To generate a message and still keep the script unpaused, and, keep it there until the user says close, use this:

Run(@ScriptFullPath & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "MsgBox(0, ''Hello World!'', ''Hi!'')"')

Its a command like parameter for AutoIt. To generate a message and still keep the script unpaused, and, keep it there until the user says close, use this:

Run(@ScriptFullPath & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "MsgBox(0, ''Hello World!'', ''Hi!'')"')

You can use the AutoIt exe, or your own compiled ones as well. Check here for more explanation on the topic here: http://dundats.mvps.org/AutoIt/AutoIt3_Web...htm#CommandLine

I just had to change it a bit to work: Run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "MsgBox(0, ''Hello World!'', ''Hi!'')"')

Should it have worked with the fullscriptpath one? Because it did not for me, but searching for it in the helpfile had the example using @AutoItExe so I tried that and it worked.

If It's compiled then the @ScriptFullPath would work!

no i just made a new script and pasted that in and i ran the script. It didn't work so i looked at the help file and used what was in there. hmm maybe i needed to include something for it to work, I'm not sure.

I'm still confused however as to which way i use if i'm going to compile the script so it will work for people who don't have autoit installed.

Edit: so if i had compiled it it should have worked? That doesn't help me much because i want it to be able to run whether its compiled or not since i prefer to run my scripts uncompiled (heard from somewhere they run better that way) but mostly i run them uncompiled because I'm always changing them and fixing stuff.

This also brings up another question i have. Is there any way to run two loops simultaneously in one script? Or to do that do i have to run two scripts?

Edited by Mixam

Another method, useful when you are testing is like follows:

If @Compiled Then

Run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "MsgBox(0, ''Hello World!'', ''Hi!'')"')

Else

EndIf

I just used this method and it works uncompiled, then i compiled it and it still works:

However is that only because I have autoit installed?

Also please see my edit in last post.

Thanks for all your help guys.

I just used this method and it works uncompiled, then i compiled it and it still works:

Yes.

No. Once you compile your script, any code called with /AutoIt3ExecuteLine will work anywhere.

Ok so I am just going to leave it the way i have it then and hope it works :)

So is there a way to have two simultaneous loops running in one script, or will I need to put one loop in another script and then run that script from in the first script?