Message Box 'Cancel' Button Processing Unwanted Function

This is a basic script that when you click on the button, it brings up an input box with an "OK" and "Cancel" button. When inputting text in the input field and clicking on the "OK" button the rest of the function behaves correctly, which basically writes to a text file in the root of C:\ and then brings up a message box saying what the input was.. However, when I click on the "Cancel" button, it still processes the rest of the function for the next "if" statement. What I would like it to do is when you click on the "Cancel" button, it just returns to the original GUI. I'm thinking it is a one line type mistake with the "EndIf' statement after the file write request being the problem, but I haven't been able to work around that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CODE
#include <GuiConstants.au3>

Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)

Opt ("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

WinSetOnTop("Title Bar", "", 1)

GUICreate("Title Bar", 240, 60, (@DesktopWidth - 300) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 300) / 2, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "SpecialEvents")

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE, "SpecialEvents")

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_RESTORE, "SpecialEvents")

$BUTTON = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button", 20, 30, 200, 20)

GUICtrlSetOnEvent($BUTTON, "Button")

GUISetState()

While 1

Sleep(1000)

WEnd

Func Button()

$text = InputBox("Title Bar of Input Box", "Please enter some text and then click OK.")

If @error = 1 Then

;want return to GUI here instead of it processing the next "if" statement within the function.

Else

FileWriteLine("c:\test.txt",$text)

EndIf

If $text = $text then

MsgBox(0,"Title Bar of Message Box",$text)

EndIf

EndFunc ;==>Button

Func SpecialEvents()

Select

Case @GUI_CtrlId = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

Exit

Case @GUI_CtrlId = $GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE

Case @GUI_CtrlId = $GUI_EVENT_RESTORE

EndSelect

EndFunc ;==>SpecialEvents

Hi,

you have chossen the wrong forum. Please post with it in the GUI forum.

Edited by jlorenz1

Johannes LorenzBensheim, Germanyjlorenz1@web.de[post="12602"]Highlightning AutoIt Syntax in Notepad++ - Just copy in your Profile/application data/notepad++[/post]

• Moderators

Func Button()
    Local $text = InputBox("Title Bar of Input Box", "Please enter some text and then click OK.")
    If @error = 1 Then Return
    Return FileWriteLine(@HomeDrive & "\test.txt", $text)
EndFunc

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Hi,

you have chossen the wrong forum. Please post with it in the GUI forum.

Although he may have had a GUI, his question wasn't GUI specific. It is more of a lack of understanding on how to escape a function after an error.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Are you deleting the file between test runs? The only difference between clicking Okay and Cancel is the file will be written; however, if the file already exists it won't change as the line will continually be overwritten. The message box will display if either button is clicked.

Also, curious about this statement:

If $text = $text then

Seems unnecessary to me, won't $text always equal $text?

Bob

You can't see a rainbow without first experiencing the rain.

First off you say Message Box when it appears it is the Input that you really wanted to refer to.

$text = InputBox("Title Bar of Input Box", "Please enter some text and then click OK.")
If @error = 1 Then Return

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Much apprecation Smoke! That's the logic I was looking for. And as far as the $test=$test, I should stay off the drugs and pay more attention. :) J/K on the 1st part. I tried return previously, but I had it on a separate line, whcih wasn't processing correctly. I wasn't so much concerned with what the overall process was doing, but how to get it returned to the initial GUI without processing the function when clicking on the "Cancel" button. Thanks to all!