Stange Situation?

I have an application that when started, has a say " 500 x 500 " gui window (not an autoit app), inside thie program is another window that is not maximized inside the main window. This window contains a list of reports. I need to maxmize this "inside" window, and then launch one of the reports from the list? the window tool, can identify the "child" window but does not want to border the main. Kind of strange.

Spoiler

WinSizer 2.1 (01/04/2017) - Download - [ Windows Layout Manager ]
Folder+Program (12/23/2016) - Download - [ USB Shortcut Creator ]

I have an application that when started, has a say " 500 x 500 " gui window (not an autoit app), inside thie program is another window that is not maximized inside the main window. This window contains a list of reports. I need to maxmize this "inside" window, and then launch one of the reports from the list? the window tool, can identify the "child" window but does not want to border the main. Kind of strange.

Most likely it's not window in window :D

Most likely it's not window in window :D

I was able to do it with "automate" but that program is like $900 for its most basic version.. I just need to know how it was done and if i can do it with autoit. Think a tab'ed browser where you want to maximize the tab inside the browser.

Spoiler

How is this "inside window" identified with AU3Info? If it's a control, or an embedded object in a control, it can be resized.

Demo resizing the "Edit1" control in an instance of Notepad:

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Quit")

$PID = Run("notepad.exe")
WinWait("Untitled - Notepad")
$hWin = WinGetHandle("Untitled - Notepad")
$avOldPos = ControlGetPos($hWin, "", "Edit1")
$iChange = -1

While 1
    $avPos = ControlGetPos($hWin, "", "Edit1")
    $avPos[2] += $iChange
    $avPos[3] += $iChange
    TrayTip("Test", "W = " & $avPos[2] & "  H = " & $avPos[3], 5)
    ControlMove($hWin, "", "Edit1", Default, Default, $avPos[2], $avPos[3])
    If $avPos[2] < 50 Or $avPos[3] < 50 Then $iChange = 1
    If $avPos[2] = $avOldPos[2] Then $iChange = -1
    Sleep(20)
WEnd

Func _Quit()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Quit

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

How is this "inside window" identified with AU3Info? If it's a control, or an embedded object in a control, it can be resized.

Demo resizing the "Edit1" control in an instance of Notepad:

tried this method, it still maximizes the "parent" window, not the imbedded child window? the window info tool will not even hightlight the parent windows controls?

here try this... download slim browser.. (free) when you run it have only 1 tab and use the restore button to make it not maximized. now use autoit to maxmize this window... this is the problem I am having.

Edited by zone97

Spoiler

tried this method, it still maximizes the "parent" window, not the imbedded child window? the window info tool will not even hightlight the parent windows controls?

here try this... download slim browser.. (free) when you run it have only 1 tab and use the restore button to make it not maximized. now use autoit to maxmize this window... this is the problem I am having.

Try AU3Info on an IE window. It is likely the same effect as with "Internet Explorer_Server" control in IE. It doesn't use the regular Windows APIs, so AutoIt can't do anything with it. A Firefox browser or Flash window would be the same. In the case of IE, there is a scripting interface exposed by "InternetExplorer.Application", but such an interface may not be available for your "Slim Browser". If it is, you would have to script that interface, as Dale did for IE's interface in the IE.au3 UDF.

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law